Chapter Eleven: Strawberry Bracelet

“You helped with the party, so you deserve to go first!” She shoved the hat into your face, not giving you much choice. Digging your hand into the nearly filled hat, you really just moved around in it. Everything in it felt boring.

“Just pick something already!” An impatient yell filled the room after a few minutes.

Annoyed by it, you grabbed whatever your hand was touching and threw it at the guy who spoke. “Shut up, Kurosaki!” He just glared and grabbed the item, about to throw it back when he stopped and looked at it. From what you could tell, it was a small chain, maybe a bracelet. “What? Why are you looking at that?” You asked puzzled.

“Rangiku…” He glared at the lieutenant, who smirked and grabbed you, tossing you into the dark closet. You landed on your front, the wind being knocked out of you.

“LIKE HELL!!!” You heard Ichigo yell as the door slammed close. You knew instantly who you were paired with. Pushing yourself into an upright position, you sat against the wall, looking through the dim lighting to find the orange haired fiend. He was leaning against the door, glaring at you.

Sighing, you asked, “Why do we keep fighting with each other?” It was a question you had been wondering about for a while. He didn’t respond, so you asked a different question that was bugging you. “Do you really hate me so much that you don’t want to be in the same room as me?” You didn’t know why, but it hurt to ask it. And when he didn’t respond again, you felt tears prickle at your eyes. Why am I sad? Why do I want to cry?

“Oh come on, don’t cry over something as stupid as that!” He exclaimed.

“It’s not stupid!”

“It is! Who cares if I don’t want to be near you?! No one does! You’re a stupid brat who has to put everyone down!” Your eyes widened. Is this really how I am? Is that true? Truth was, it wasn’t. You were one of the kindest girl anyone knew. So why did Ichigo say that? Is that what he thought of you? A spoiled brat?

Looking down at your feet, you stood. “I’m sorry to have bothered you then,” You mumbled. “I’ll stay away from you.” Without another word, you flash-stepped away, leaving an angry and shocked Ichigo in the closet alone.

Outside of the closet, the party-goers were silent, listening to Ichigo yelling, then the sudden silence.

Rangiku, being the nosy woman she is, cracked open the door to see Ichigo alone. “Where is she?!”

“How should I know?!” Ichigo turned, angry. “She got all teary eyed and left!”

“You idiot!” Ikkaku exclaimed. “Why did you even yell at her?!”

“She was crying because I didn’t answer her stupid question! What the hell else am I supposed to do?!” He was suddenly kicked in the head. “What the hell?!”

“Idiot! You never yell at a crying girl!” Rukia yelled at him, kicking him again.

“Ow! Why not?!”

“You really are an idiot! Don’t be surprised if she avoids you!”

Ichigo grit his teeth and sighed. “What do I do?”

“You go after her!” You never realized it, but Ichigo had strong feelings for you. He just didn’t understand them completely.

“She usually goes up to Sokyuko Hill when she’s upset,” Captain Hitsugaya said in a bored tone.

“How do you know that?” Ichigo asked suspiciously.

The young captain raised an eyebrow. “Do you want to talk or find her?” He scowled and flash-stepped out of there, heading to Sokyuko Hill. Exactly where you were.