10

Scarlett woke up in his arms, breathing in the scent of his natural musk. She moved to straddle him hoping to wake him up and he did, hands gripping her tightly forgetting where he was. Troy relaxed when he saw the petite girl sitting on top of him breathing out a small laugh at how happy she looked, she was glowing. Scarlett leaned down and brought their lips together in a kiss made of a thousand words. Banging on the cabin door ripped the two away from the tender moment as she groaned. She quickly changed into a spaghetti strapped bra, Jean shorts, and threw on his button up leaving it open as she walked to the door. She opened it revealing Jake, she quickly stepped outside so he wouldn't see Troy and closed the door behind her.

"Whats up?" She squeaks as he stands there angrily. His gaze softens when he sees the bandages on her torso.

"What happened?" He asks dropping his cold facade, he couldn't actually be mad at her.

"The fire. I went in the house did no one tell you?" She says with a shrug. Scarlett's legs felt like jello as she stood there under his observing eyes.

"No. I need to speak with my brother." Jake demands expectantly. Scarlett looks at him strangely wondering how he knew Troy was here. "You weren't exactly quiet last night so don't play dumb." He says harshly.

"All you had to do was ask nicely Jakey." Troy says from the opened door, neither of them heard it open. Troy was in his tshirt and cargo pants with a smirk sitting on his face.

"Let's go." Jake demands turning to walk away without at answer.

"Catch up later?" Troy asks Scarlett licking his lips nervously.

"Yea just..." she trails off pulling him in for a deep kiss. The action not missed by onlookers at the ranch. Troy forgot all about his charade to keep their connection a secret and melted into her. Gripping his body to hers, little did he know, the people now had a newfound sense of respect towards him after getting a glimpse of his humanity.

Troy pulls away pecking her lips one more time before begrudgingly following after Jake. Scarlett smiles touching her lips before returning inside to brush her teeth and get ready for the day. Scarlett remembered how they were going to check on outpost alpha and she wanted to go. Putting on the pants of her first military uniform and a black long sleeve, she headed to the pantry to collect her spear. Retrieving it without issue she saw Troy walking up to his hummer.

"Troy!" She called out running up to him with a smile on her face.

"You comin with?" He asks squinting his eyes from the sunlight.

"Can I?" She asks forgetting she wasn't cleared medically.

"I don't see why not... just don't push yourself. Hop in the passenger." He says and she giddily rushes to hop in. Troy joins her soon after pulling up to none other than, Madison Clark.

  Scarlett sighs distastefully, annoyed that she happens to be everywhere if it regards Troy.

"Looks like you're with me." Troy says shouting over Scarlett.

"Yeah... looks like it." Madison says before her kids call her over.

"Why does she have to come?" Scarlett asks looking to Troy for an answer.

"She volunteered. What's your problem with her anyway?" Troy asks looking at her with a head tilt.

"Something's not right... with her. Not like us, she's scheming, I can see it." Scarlett says quietly turning back to look at the woman. She glances over at the two every so often giving Scarlett the idea they're talking about either her or Troy....or both.

"I'm sure it's nothing." Troy says brushing her warning off. Scarlett reaches for his hand, intertwining their fingers.

"I just don't want you to get hurt. I don't.... I don't know what id do if you did." Scarlett says looking him in the eye. She didn't mean that she'd break down and cry, she meant she'd kill someone.