Chapter 6 - To start some drama

Guys, this story is in no way related to 'The Iudex's Day Off' or any other of my stories!

You have most definitely not come across Lucine!

That aside, this story is still mostly on hiatus till August, I just had the time and felt like writing a chapter.

I have removed the notice because not having it around helps me keep track of the chapter count, but that doesn't mean the hiatus is over. Same for the mafia au BTW.

~

~

Furina's POV

 Wriothesley slept through the night, most likely passed out from stress, but I couldn't fall asleep.

 Not that I tried that hard, really.

 I couldn't sleep thinking about what Wriothesley told me.

 As long as everything went as in the original timeline Fontaine would survive.

 And I would survive too, apparently. I was somewhat expecting that to be the end of me.

 Neuvillette won't hate me. Or at least he didn't as far as Wriothesley knows. That thought reassures me more than I thought it would. 

 "I wonder what it was like after the prophecy." I mumbled.

 Will the people of Fontaine finally be able to live without the fear of the prophecy hanging above their heads? Will there be much damage to fix, a lot to rebuild?

 At least Neuvillette should have been happy, having a mate and all.

 And that's good. He, more than anyone, deserves to be happy. After all, he was the one working the hardest for Fontaine for the past 500 years. Without him, the nation might have fallen into chaos many times over, be it only from my own inability to lead properly.

 The problem is... Now, knowing what I know, can I still act the same as I did in the timeline Wriothesley knows?

 "What if I screw something up and ruin the future?" I mumbled.

 "Aren't I here to help?"

 I jumped out of my seat from fright, damn nearly tumbling off the couch and falling to the ground, with the only thing between my face and the floor being-

 Huh?!

 What the hell?!

 My fall was broken by a soft barrier of hydro.

 I quickly got to my feet, looking at Wriothesley in shock.

 He had his hand stretched out and as he pulled it back, the layer of hydro disappeared.

 "You- You-"

 I tried to find my words, tried to keep my image but then I realized that there was no need for that with this guy. I don't think I have an image left in his eyes.

 "What the f*ck was that?!" I shouted.

 And how relieving it was to shout and curse freely for once without worrying about what people think of me.

 Still, that relief didn't ease the shock I got from that.

 "You have a cryo vision!"

 What the hell is up with the hydro?!

 "I'm the Hydro Sovereign's mate. It's not that much of a stretch. I think it's more unfair that I'm entirely immune to damage coming from a hydro vision. A real cheat if you ask me."