SCENE 1

EXT. NEIGHBORHOOD - DAY

The gentle breeze rustles through the palm trees, the sun shines brightly in the clear sky. Kids of different age groups are dressed in their uniforms as they walk to school or wait on their respective transports while others play in the streets.

(CUT TO:)

EXT. SMALL ZINC HOUSE - DAY

A small , dilapidated (shabby) zinc house stands amidst the more vibrant neighborhood. We find a young Indian-Jamaican woman, FRANABELLA known as "FRANNY" (late 20s), with her hair wrapped into a bun wearing a mechanic's uniform with "Mr. Morgan's Auto Shop" embroidered on the left chest side coming outside of the house with her toolbox in her hand. She looks down at her untied boots and sets down her toolbox next to her . She bends down to finish tying them, grabs her tools, and heads down the creaky board steps.

Franny hops onto her rusty bike parked next to the house itself and begins her journey

EXT. NEIGHBORHOOD - DAY

She pedals through the bustling neighborhood streets, nodding and waving to familiar faces as she passes by.

(CUT TO)

EXT. MR. MORGAN'S AUTO SHOP - DAY

Franny pulls up outside a small garage adorned with a faded sign reading "Mr. Morgan's Auto Shop." She hops off, parks her bike and heads inside, ready to start another day of hard labor.

INT. MR. MORGAN'S AUTO SHOP - DAY

Franny walks into the auto shop and sets her tools down at her workstation and waits on customers to arrive. Meanwhile , she looks over to see her co-worker and friend , JERMAINE RAY known as "BREDDA RAY" (late 20s) , sleeping soundly in his chair at his workstation.

Franny walks over to him.

Franny : (nudges) Ray.

Ray doesn't respond and continues sleeping

Franny : (nudges harder) Ray! (shouts) JERMAINE!

Ray jumps up out of his sleep

Bredda Ray : (startled ) A WAH! A WAH! A WHO DEAD!

Franny : You!

Ray : Wah yuh mean me?

Franny : Yuh ago dead if yuh nuh get up.

Ray : (kisses his teeth) A who dis? (mumbling) A come ova yah suh and a wake mi up outta me good good sleep.

Ray turns around to see that it's his good friend , Franny. He's relieved

Ray : Oh! Franny! A you.

Franny : Yuh did want it be smaddy else?

Ray : No ennuh.

Franny : Why yuh a sleep inna di people dem work place? Yuh want Mr.Morgan fiyah yuh?

Ray : No! But Franny , yuh nuh undastand! Mi tiad , mi tiad , mi tiad. Mi seh mi neva know seh mi coulda tiad suh!

Franny : And a just 9:00 inna di mawning? Yuh not even do nothing yet.

Ray : Exactly! Di environment is so EXHAUSTING!

Franny : Bwoy , Ray. Every day mi pray fi yuh.

Ray : Rass. Yuh coulda pray?

Franny glares at Ray. If looks could kill.

Ray : Mi sorry.

Franny : Not a sorry bone deh inna fi yuh body, Ray. Get up man and lively up yuhself.