The Sword of Damocles

The time passed quicker than people realized. Soon enough, it was time to return. The music this time was more... fantastical, ancient, with wonder and foreboding within. Entering the room, they were brought back to the next topic, serious as ever.

Their host projected herself on screen, "Welcome back. Snacks in order, everything ready?"

Despite their... hesitation, everyone agreed. At least all of them were here for this. A luxury many were sure wouldn't last.

"Excellent. This fracture is referred to as the Sword of Damocles... does anyone know what I mean by that?"

Nobody knew. Not even the knowledgable Momo, Izuku, or Shoto. They were all clueless. Sighing, she stated, "Another loss due to the erasure of history..." Then continued. "The details of the story are not needed... but I'll give a synopsis. A ruler long ago, named Damocles, led his nation into prosperity. A peasant, one who lived such a different life that he couldn't fathom the king's... stated as much to his face one day, stating that he must not have a care in the world. The King, seeing the problem, allowed him to be king for as long as he wished... until he wished to abdicate back for him. The peasant didn't last a day, as not only was there the constant managing of the kingdom, but also the intricacies of internal politics... and the physical manifestation of such was a literal sword, hung above the throne. He abdicated, and with shame, admitted that he could never be a king. Damocles, for his merit, smiled, and told him that the blade up there is the constant threat that those with power must adhere to. They either continued to work with the people, or have the blade fall upon him." She paused, "It is a lesson to never underestimate the forces that keep you in check. Power alone means nothing against numbers, strategy, and a variety of other details. The reason why I call this fracture the Sword of Damocles... is because Apollyon acts like that very blade. A check on the powers that be."

After another dramatic pause... it was time. "Time for you to meet Apollyon, and the world... no, worlds she has lived through and made a name for herself in."

Now that surprised the audience. "Both? Two worlds?" Momo asked, voicing their question for them. 

"Well... her soul migrated from one world to another... how, I am not sure... but... she is certainly lethal in both."

The screen changed to show a terrifying visage. A knight in grim, dark armor. Spikes lined her left shoulder, while her right was unadorned, surprisingly. Was she left handed? Izuku asked himself, beginning to sketch this person out.

 Was she left handed? Izuku asked himself, beginning to sketch this person out

"I think it's best for another to... explain the world she was born on... Heathmoor."

"There were no signs." A woman's voice sounded, over the peaceful view of a European medieval kingdom, with golden wheat, and lush forests... That is... until the ground started to shake, disturbing the wheat, all while the woman continued: "It came without warning."