Chapter One

Summer is a wonderful time, especially when a small town is already planning the biggest event of the summer. However, for some of the people who live in the small town, this wasn't the summer to enjoy, Springwood Grove- the hometown of the famous family rivalries. Little did they know the three families all had magic and were rivals for a prophecy which was surrounding two girls who were written to save the town. This was the summer that everything would change for them all.

"Chelsea hey, you seem to be zoning out. What's wrong?" A fake blonde-haired boy who was about 5'5 asked a girl who looked like she had more Silver hair than blonde. "Come on, we are going to be late meeting Freddie, you know, the boy who has a huge crush on you?" He said with a smirk.

He was talking to Chelsea, the Mayor's youngest daughter, who glared at him. "Cody, say it one more time and I will make sure the spell book hits you again." She responded to him. "Come on, we shouldn't keep Fred waiting since he has just finished his biology class."

Cody chuckles and shakes his head at his friend. "I am kinda glad that the school year is ending, we need a break. We didn't even have a break during winter break."

Chelsea's eyes rolled at Cody's stupidity. "How are we friends again?" She asked while getting everything in her book bag.

"Because I dated your best friend."He answered as he helped her get all of her stuff together. "Hand me that- I can carry it for you. Between school, searching for a way to complete your and Selena's bond with Selena on video chat, and being in the chamber every night to look for a way to kill an immortal witch, you are exhausted." He grabs her bag and places it on his shoulders.

Chelsea glares at him but lets him take it because it is true. She was exhausted from everything she had to deal with and this summer wasn't going to be easy because she knew that the first part of the prophecy was going to happen and this could decide if she was going to be the real savior everyone in the magical world believes she will be or if she will destroy everything she ever loved. Chelsea was thankful that Cody stayed with her and knew what she was like. She grabbed onto his arm and lay her head on his shoulder. "Thank you, are you coming to the Chamber tonight to celebrate a certain someone coming home?" She asked with a smile.

Cody chuckles and nods. "Wouldn't miss it, plus I am sure Selena would kill me if I didn't come. I am in charge of bringing the snacks and drinks, I swear she is more bossy with us being broken up vs us dating. Your bond mate drives me crazy", he jokes.

"Who are we talking about?" A 5'11 male with brown hair walked up behind them and wrapped his arms around Cody and Chelsea. "I hear something about someone driving Cody crazy?"

"My ex-girlfriend and Chelsea's best friend, you met her last year when your cousin performed at the festival, remember?" Cody asked and Fred nodded. "Well she is coming back into town and I am being forced to bring her and Chelsea snacks tonight because Selena's twin brother won't be in town until... I think tomorrow?"

Chelsea freezes up when Cody speaks of Selena's twin. Whenever he was brought up her mind took her back to that night where he caused her to have a significant magical breakdown almost destroying the small town. She didn't know he was coming back since he didn't come back during winter break and told her he wasn't planning to return home but then again what would she know? It wasn't like they talked and she didn't want to but she could always feel him somewhere in her, her blood boiled thinking about the blood bond he forced her into. She took a deep breath and calmed down because if she had a magical breakdown in front of Fred then hers, Cody's, and their families' secrets would be known to him and that wasn't something Fred was ready for. "We invited you to hang out with us but nooo you want to video chat your real best friend." She said pouting, making Cody laugh and pull her into a hug.

"My poor Chelsea, she is so jealous even though she knows she is my real best friend but she isn't faithful to me like I am to her. She has another and doesn't care about me." Cody acts out dramatically making Fred laugh and Chelsea rolls her eyes. "See Freddie, she even rolls her eyes at me." He pouted.

"Aw my poor sweet Cody, how did you hurt this poor baby Michaels." Fred said as he babies Cody. "What should we do with her Cody?"

"Nothing because I need food and if you two don't stop being dramatic now neither one of you is getting a ride in my car let alone driving it ever again." Chelsea said as she walked away.

Both boys looked at each other before running after her. "Wait, Chelsea!" They both shouted as they ran across the courtyard.

Chelsea entered the chambers after a few hours. "Okay so we almost have everything done, I need to set up the TV so we can watch movies. Where is that damn boy always making me wait?"

"Damn straight maybe you shouldn't be so bossy like Selena is." Cody said as he set down the bags. "The line was long at the store and then I ran into Marco, so that was more fun."

Chelsea sighed. "How is he doing?" She asked Cody, even though Marco didn't have powers she knew if he found out the truth about his family it wouldn't be good. "I know he and his mom have been mourning." Chelsea knew that Marco's dad had died a few months after Marco started college and that the only reason he was back in town for the summer was to help his mom with the store.

"He seems like he is okay- did Selena tell you when she was going to be here- because Jules is calling about the wedding." Cody tells her feeling annoyed. "And of course, Riley has to be on the call too, that asshole always makes me mad."

Chelsea touched his arms. "Why don't you stay here and be on the call here, I can jump in when Riley starts being a dick."

Cody smiled. "No, you spend the school year with me; you and Selena need some time. I will spend time with both of you tomorrow." He said before hugging her. "Enjoy tonight with Lena okay? And get some sleep while you are at it."

Chelsea sighed as she watched Cody leave, she went back to setting everything up for her and Selena's night. She was trying to take her mind off her memories but, of course, her mind betrayed her and played that night in her head, tears streaming down her face without her realizing it. She snapped out of it when she heard a door shut and realized her face was wet, wiping her face. "Hey, I got everything set up so we can" Her voice trails off when she sees who was standing there because it was not her best friend.

"Hello, Chelsea- miss me?" The person said to the stunned girl.

"Shane." She said with a raspy tone. She was too stunned but quickly snapped out of it as he got closer to her and when he was close enough to her face she did the only thing she could do......She punched him. Hard.