Chapter 2

POV: Kylie Jenkins

I woke up to my alarm clock the next morning. My mind was still foggy from sleeping, but I got up anyway. I walked downstairs and saw my dad making breakfast.

"Hey, sweetie. How did you sleep? I didn't see you much after you went upstairs. You alright?" my dad asked.

"I'm fine, Dad. I slept pretty well last night," I said, sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Good. Anyway, could you give your new neighbor a lift to school? He doesn't have a car yet," my dad asked.

I looked at him, feeling puzzled, like he just told me that he ate the last of the waffles.

"Come on, do something nice for him. I know you have to pick up Rachel, but can you do this one thing for him?" he pleaded.

"Alright, I'll do it. But you owe me for this," I said, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl and walking back upstairs.

As I got ready for school, Rachel called me.

"Hey babe. I'm ready to come and see you," Rachel said, sounding joyful like it wasn't 7:00 in the morning.

"Me too. But I have some bad news to share," I said with a sigh.

"What is it?" Rachel sounded disappointed.

"It's okay, Baby. It's just that I have this new neighbor. His name is Tyler, and my dad wants me to drive him to school because he doesn't have a car yet," I explained.

"That sounds a little weird, Ky," Rachel said, sounding unconvinced.

"Hey, we'll just kiss right in front of him, and then he'll know not to mess with us," I said, hoping to make her feel better about it.

"Fine, but he sits in the back, or better yet, on the roof of the car," Rachel giggled.

As I got in my car, I wondered to myself, "Why am I doing this? Why doesn't he have a car?"

I pulled out of the driveway and parked in front of Tyler's house. Tyler was sitting on the porch steps and walked up to my car.

"Hey, sweets. I see your dad told you to come and get me?" he asked, putting his arms in the window.

"Yep. Now get in, don't make this harder than it has to be," I said, unlocking the car.

"Oh, don't worry, baby. It won't be so hard yet," he said, walking to the back of my Honda Civic.

"You better not ruin my car," I said, looking at him as I pulled out of the driveway and on the way to pick up Rachel.

"Eyes on the road, baby," he said.

I couldn't believe he called me baby. I didn't like that he was my neighbor at all.

Later, I pulled up to Rachel's house, and she walked out with her book bag and full lips. She got in my car and kissed me like she didn't know Tyler was in the back.

"You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend, baby?" Tyler said.

"Hey, don't ever talk to me like that. And not to my girlfriend. Stay quiet, or I will kick you out, and you can walk the 10 miles to school and be late on your first day," I said, driving down the road to school.

We made it to school, and Rachel and I got out of the car, with Tyler right behind.

"Are you gonna help me show me around a little?" Tyler asked me.

"You can do it yourself. See you later," I said, walking away and hearing him huff.

I giggled and walked into the school.

Later, at lunch, Rachel, all our friends, and I sat together. Of course, Rachel sat on my lap and started taking bites of my sandwich.

"Baby, why don't you eat your food?" I asked, touching her hair.

"Because your food is way better," she said with food in her mouth.

I laughed and kissed her cheeks.

All of a sudden, Tyler walked over to our table and winked at me like he didn't see Rachel sitting in my lap.

"Ky, who is that guy?" Paris asked, one of Rachel's and my friends from our freshman year.

"He's my new neighbor. He just won't let up. He's been calling me baby. What the heck is he trying to do to piss me off?" I said, feeling annoyed.

"Yeah, but he's kind of cute," Paris said.

"Well, you can have him. I got all my love right here," I said, kissing Rachel and hugging her waist tightly.

I knew that I had all the love. Nobody was going to ruin that. Not even Tyler.