Chapter 6

Tyler Catrer POV's

   Why is my heart feeling this way. Am I falling in love with a girl I met not even a week ago? Kylie Jenkins is stubborn but I think she has a good heart. I don't know what she sees in Rachel. She seems like the girl that would try out for the cheer leading squad and be snobby. But if I manifest this, I need to be with Kylie all the time, even with Rachel in her presents.

  After Kylie dropped me off, I got the worst news of my life. My father is back from prison, I need to protect my mother, and if it gets bad, I have to protect Kylie and her family.

 My dad was in prison for 10 years, he beat me and my mother up. More when my mom did something he didn't like, like make dinner or change the channel, stupid things like that.

 One time it got so bad that my dad locked my mom and I in the basement for 3 days. That's the time that our neighbors had enough and called the cops. The cops found us and took us to the hospital for injuries and CAT scans. 

 I was out within a week, but for my mom, she was in their for 3 weeks. I had to stay with my best friend and next door neighbor, Adam. He knows everything that you need to know about my life, and the same goes for me too.

 Adam is the one who texted me the news about my father.

 I go to my room, head to my closet and change out of my church attire, and put on my sweats. It's still nice out so i'm probably gonna go on a run. 

 After, I put on my running shoes and head out the door with my phone and airpods.

During run.......

As I'm running, I can see a familiar figure in front of me. It's Kylie. I guess she goes on runs as well. That's why she has those nice legs and great butt. 

 I run faster to catch up with her, but I even my pace to hers once I see her.

 "Hello, beautiful, I thought you needed to be home with your little girl friend?" I teased. 

"She's asleep if you must know. Now can I back to running in peace?" She asked, trying to put in her airpods, but I snatch them away. "What the hell Tyler? I need those." She says. 

"I wanna see what my baby is listening too, chill out." I scoff. She's a lot to handle, but she's the only one that can take my mind off my father.

 Kylie stops running and I do the same. "Please, can I have them back?" She asks. "Ah, you know manners I see. Fine, you can have them back." I say, handing them back to her.

"Was that so hard?" She says, whipping her ponytail around to the side. This gives me a better view of her neck. I just wanna kiss it, I know she wants it too. She didn't push my hand away after church. She left it their, I knew she would.

 What I said to her earlier was a lie. I wasn't trying to make her comfortable, it was a test to see if she likes the way my hand touches her.

 "Well I better get home. I'm sure your mom is still at my house. Talking to my parents about their next brunch." She says.

 "Sure, i'll see you around. Baby." I said, and I let her run off the other direction.

Did she say that because she didn't wanna see me again, or does she actually have to go. I have so many questions that I need her to answer. Why does she make me feel the things I do? Why do I wanna touch her in ways I shouldn't. It's wrong to feel these things for her, but I want to feel them.

 I decide to run back to my house and call my friend Adam. I dial his number, waiting for him to answer.

"Hey Tyler. How you holding up?" He asks calmly. 

"Not great at the moment. I can't believe my father's out of jail. He needs to stay their and rot in a cellar." I growled. If it were up to me, I would have him dead, with my own gun.

 "He shouldn't be roaming the streets at all, or be able to get a house or job as of now. The cops are putting him on house arrest. He's staying  at your grandmas house." Adam says, clearing his throat.

 "He shouldn't even be allowed to go back home, Adam." I said, grinding me teeth together. "I know, Tyler. But hey, i'll give you a heads up if anything changes, I gotta go. Coach is making us do laps around the track again.

 I sighed. "Alright, thanks buddy. Thanks for picking up, means a lot." I said. "Yeah, no problem. Always here for you man. Bye." Adams says, and hangs up.

After that call, I really do need a distraction, and right now, I need to raid my freezer of all it's ice cream and watch my favorite show.