Chapter 5

POV: Kylie Jenkins

I let Rachel cry into my arms almost all night. But now, she's sleeping soundly in my bed.

I get up quietly and go downstairs. My parents were getting ready for church in their bathroom. I walked in and my mom was putting in her mascara.

"Morning sweetie, I heard what happened with Rachel. I feel horrible. Maybe she can come with us to church". My mom adds.
"I don't know, she isn't in the best place right now". I say.
"Well, she can't just stay at our house alone. She's going to have to go back home". My mom says, straightening her dress out in their huge mirror.
"Fine, but can we come straight home after, she needs me". I say, looking at my dad now instead of my mom.
"Yeah, that works, as long as you go to church". My dad chimes in.

I nod and run back to my room. Rachel was up, she was on her phone, watching TikTok.
"Hey babe. How are you doing?" I ask, sitting on the bed.
"Honestly, not good at all. All I wanna do is sleep, eat, and sleep again". She says, putting down her phone.
"You get to do that, but my mom said if you don't go to church with us, you have to go back home". I say, pushing the hair out of her face.

She sighs and gives me a small smile. "Well I guess I have to face them anyway, don't I?"
I give her a sympathetic smile and get up from the bed.
"I gotta get dressed". I say going to my walk-in closet.
"Okay. I'll get ready too". She says.

We both get ready, for different reasons. I put on a floral printed dress and my white Converse.
Rachel puts her hair in a ponytail and puts on her black Converse.
"Okay, I'm done. I'll get some snacks and water and we can get in my car and drive back to your house". I say.
"Sounds good". She says, grabbing her purse and phone.

We walk into my parent's room. They're already ready. I mean it is 9:15, and we usually leave around 9:45.
"Hey, Mom I'm gonna take Rachel back home. I'll meet you at church". I say.
"Okay, honey. And Rachel, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. No kid should ever be put through this". My mom says, grabbing her and pulling her into a warm embrace.
"Thanks, Barbara. I appreciate it". Rachel rests her head on my mom's shoulder.

After I dropped off Rachel, I headed to church.
Once I got there, I walked in and saw that they were already doing worship.
I got to a seat next to my parents. But I turn to my left and see Tyler and his mom.
I suddenly sense a feeling of uncertainty and uneasiness.

During Service.............

I had my Bible and a pen. Tyler was sitting there, on his phone.
"Tyler put your phone away, it's disrespectful". I whispered.

"Why are you telling me that, baby, I saw what you did on Friday." He smirk. I hate that he's right, but every Christian sins, so god will forgive me for this one time.

 I nudged him to keep quiet, he respected my wishes for the rest of the service. 

After Service................

  We walked out, saying hello to my parents friends and their kids. I don't know any of them well, but i'm going to be nice to them.

  Tyler is next to me, his hand around my waist, I let it sit their, only because my parents want us to be together. Honestly his hand on me makes my heart flutter a little bit.

 It's only been a week and my parents are already trying to set me up with him. I don't want my them finding out that I have a girlfriend, let alone it being my best friend. 

  But Rachel isn't going to find out that Tyler touched me in a way that made me feel something, something romantic. Especially since she just got the biggest news dropped on her last night. I have to be there for her, she comes first, not my unknown feelings for Tyler Carter.

When I get in my car, Tyler climbs in after me. "Hey Ky. Wasn't service just amazing?" He smirks again, it's shown more this time then before. 

 "Yeah, it was so great Tyler. And I also liked the fact you put your hands on me." I sarcastically stated. I pulled out and started to follow my parents home. 

 Shit, I forgot to text Rachel that I was on my home. I'll just do when I get to a stoplight. 

 "Oh the babies got jokes now. I was only wanting to make it more comfortable." Why did he think that was the best option, it made more uncomfortable.

 "Well I didn't like it, so lets just not talk about, alright." I said, putting my feet on the gas. "Whatever you say, baby." He says, leaning back in the sit a bit.

  During the 15 minute drive home, I was concentrated on the road, while Tyler was on his phone. We haven't talked the whole way, until I dropped him off at his house.

 "Alright, you're home, now ask your mom to pay me for this, I don't wanna keep doing this." I chuckle. Tyler doesn't say anything, he just gets out of the house and walks up to his front door. What the hell? Is he that mad from the church thing, if anything I should be more mad about that then him.

 I guess i'll never figure him out. Wait! Why am I worried about how he feels, I don't even feel that way for him. Or do I