4. Fear of death

---

Weiying found himself standing in the middle of the empty road. His heart was pounding as he heard the distant sound of cars approaching. Panic gripped him as headlights shone through the darkness, casting strange shadows that danced like ghosts across the road.

Who is coming? Why they all hide leaving me alone god please help me. – Weiying mumbeled.

Weiying tried to run but his fear-weakened legs betrayed him. He slipped and fell hard on the road. As the engines grew louder, Weiying braced himself for the coming crash, his mind filled with thoughts of terrible accidents.

For a moment, all was silent except for Weiying's anxious heartbeat. Slowly, the car doors opened, revealing a man dressed in a sleek black outfit that seemed to absorb all the light. The man's features were hidden by a mask, adding to his mysterious presence.

As Weiying saw the man he felt unknown fear in his heart. He standup from the road.
Are they goons or a gang. Weiying you are gone today.

The figure walked towards Weiying with slow, deliberate steps.

Why he is coming towards me? I gone today. -   Despite his inner fear, Weiying couldn't take his eyes off this mysterious stranger.

As the man came closer, Weiying smelled a faint hint of danger. His heartbeat quickened, and every nerve in his body tensed up. He could only wait to see what fate had in store for him.

Boss wait I am going to see who is he and why he is standing there. – Zanjin said
bowing his head.

Wangji chuckled and looked at Zanjin and others sharply.

Is it you preparation? When I said I don’t need any presence its mean not a damn soul not even an animal and here in front of me a whole person is standing. – Wangji said darkly his anger was beyond the limit.

We are sorry boss. – Songlan said as his bow down his head.

I will see myself this person. Who is so desperate to get killed. – Wangji said and open the door as he open the door others also open the door to come out of the car.

The tension in the air was thick as Wangji, the powerful mafia leader, stepped out of his sleek black car. His presence alone commanded authority, and his usually confident guards started to tremble with fear. They knew bad things could happen when their boss was angry.

Songlan and Zanjin were looking at his boss who was seems very angry. He know the person who was standing on the road enjoyed his life enough. Today is his last day.

The normally busy street was eerily empty except for one figure standing defiantly in Wangji’s path. Wangji's brow furrowed in irritation and disbelief. How dare someone defy his orders?

His anger simmered beneath the surface, a chilling aura surrounding him like a cloak of intimidation. Wangji's steps were deliberate, each one echoing with his authority. His guards hesitated, unsure whether to follow their leader or stay back. 

Guards gesture Zanjin to ask if they can join.

Boss May I join? – Zanjin said as he was afraid to get scold by his boss.

But Wangji silenced them with a single, commanding gesture. This was his battle to fight, his authority to assert. With a flick of his hand, he signaled for them to stay back.

As he approached the lone figure, Wangji's expression darkened. His eyes, usually cold and calculating, now burned with a fiery intensity. This insolence would not be tolerated.

The figure before him stood unmoving, a silent challenge in their stance. Wangji's jaw clenched, his fists tightening at his sides. Every fiber of his being screamed for retribution.

Weiying was feeling like die as the person start coming closer. He was praying to god again and again to get him disappear from there.

With a slow, deliberate motion, Wangji stopped just a few feet away from the stranger, his gaze locked  to that who was a twenty or nineteen years boy. As Wangji went closer Weiying saw the person in front of him wearing a black suit and a mask on his face.

Why wear a mask with an expensive suit. Must be a goon or thief trying to hide his face so police did not caught him. – Weiying think in his mind but he didn’t  notice that the person was looking at him.weiying look up and his silver orbs met with Wangji’s golden deep eyes.

Wangji's piercing gaze bore into Weiying, making the air thick with tension.

Why is he looking at me like this is he thinking to kidnap me or to stole something. What if he kidnap me and sold me to some rich person. What will happen to my mother and Cheng? - Weiying, his heart pounding, struggled to keep calm under Wangji's scrutiny.

"Why didn't you hide?" Wangji's voice was low and dangerous as he spoke through his intimidating mask.

Weiying swallowed hard, when the person spoke his voice was dark and commanding. Why is he asking this question why I did not hide? Do I need to hide? Why? Then he suddenly snapped. He is talking about hiding its mean he is the person people were hiding from. His heart filled with fear his mind racing for an answer. "I... I was... I was afraid," he stammered, his words barely above a whisper.

Wangji's eyes narrowed, searching for any trace of a lie in Weiying's response. The mask amplified the gravity of his presence, its silent threat looming over Weiying like a shadow.

A tense silence hung in the air, broken only by Weiying's shallow breaths.

Then, with a sudden movement, Wangji reached for something beneath his coat. Weiying's heart lurched, certain of impending doom.

Wangji hold a gun in his hand and put it in Weiying’s head. Weiying started trembling in fear. From the childhood he afraid of violence and weapons. He never watch a movie that carry some violence and bloody scenes but today he saw a real gun even that is put it in his head. Is it really his last day? He did not even get the chance to meet his family. Why it is happening with him.

Please don’t kill me. – He said trying not to shutter.

Why are you afraid? You were the person who was standing on my way. – Wangji said as he saw the boys was crying silently.

I am not afraid it’s just I am the biggest child of my home my mother and brother have nobody other than me. What will happen to them after me? – Weiying said sobbing he was unable to hold his cry. It’s really his last day.

Wangji was looking at the intensely he was trying to remember if he had seen him somewhere. The boy again spoke that broke his thoughts.

You can kill me. But please take care of my brother and mother after me. - Weiying he close his eyes ready to die. He waited for few minutes but the bullet did not pierce his head. He feel like the bullet has been removed from his head. 

Wangji had put down his gun his eyes showed an unknown emotion for a second that he cover with expressionless face. Wangji delivered a warning, his voice cutting through the silence. "Remember this moment" he said, chillingly calm. "Disobedience carries consequences."

And with that, Wangji turned and walked away, leaving Weiying trembling in fear and uncertainty.

Alone once more, Weiying cursed his luck, his thoughts consumed by the dangerous encounters he had faced. From the menacing goon on the bus to Wangji's chilling presence, danger seemed to follow him everywhere. As he watched Wangji's car disappear into the distance, Weiying could only hope he would somehow escape fate's clutches unscathed.