1.

CRYSTAL

As I prepare to share my nana's funeral arrangements on social media, I can't help but feel the weight of the numerous people who knew and loved her

As I prepare to share my nana's funeral arrangements on social media, I can't help but feel the weight of the numerous people who knew and loved her. While I may not personally know all of them, I understand the impact my nana, Crysti Hayslett, had on so many lives.

Her presence was captivating, and her kindness knew no bounds. Just as my mother, Crystina, was cherished by many, I know that my nana held a special place in the hearts of countless individuals.

Sharing these details feels like a small gesture to honor her memory and extend an invitation to all who knew her to pay their respects. After all, my nana was truly a gem in her prime, and her legacy of sweetness and warmth will be cherished by all who had the privilege of knowing her.

Losing my nana feels like the ground beneath me has crumbled away, leaving me suspended in an abyss of grief and disbelief. It's a profound loss that shakes me to my core. With both my parents out of the picture—my mother having passed away long ago and my father nowhere to be found—being an only child, my nana was not just a grandparent but a pillar of strength and the sole constant in my life.

Her absence now leaves a void that no amount of glitz and glamour of my current lifestyle can fill. While I appreciate the excitement and opportunities that come with it, there's an emptiness knowing that I can no longer share these moments with the one person who truly understood and supported me.

My nana's passing has not only left an emotional vacuum but also a practical one. She left me everything she had, including her beloved farm. This farm held countless memories of my childhood—long drives from the city to Georgia with my mom, spending hours helping my nana tend to the land, pick vegetables, and care for the animals.

After my mom's passing, my nana became even more instrumental in my life. She not only provided emotional support but also encouraged me to pursue my dreams wholeheartedly. Despite the distance, I made sure to visit her at least twice a week and whenever I could on weekends, cherishing every moment spent together.

Now, as I navigate this new reality without her, I find myself torn between the dreams she helped me chase and the roots she instilled in me through her farm. It's a bittersweet reminder of the journey we shared and the legacy she leaves behind. And though the pain of her absence may never fully heal, I take solace in the memories we created and the love she bestowed upon me.

Inheriting my nana's farm with the remaining animals presents a significant challenge, considering my limited knowledge of farming and the passage of time since actively participating in farm duties with her.

What am I going to do? I don't think I can handle this.

-
-