57 } Zaroorat

Author's pov

"What did the doctor said?" The question bubbled up in Arjun's mind watching the reflection in his rearview mirror where Rehan was gently cradling Kritika in his arms on the back seat of the car he was driving.

No words were exchanged between them inside the hospital because Rehan was busy with the doctor and Arjun had to manage the formalities leaving Kritika with Anshika. And as soon as Rehan came back from the doctor's cabin, he insisted on going back home. So here they are......

"Weakness !! That's why the body couldn't handle the cramps. Nothing else." A tired sigh escaped Rehan's mouth as he rested his head against the headrest whilst closing his eyes and slightly tightened his grip around Kritika.

"And the weakness must be due to that drug. Isn't it?" The information provided by Rehan drew Arjun's ire as he sneered, making Anshika to stretch out her hand to cool him down.

Kritika, who was silently observing Rehan's distressed expressions till now decided to intervene when curiosity was sparked in her by Arjun's words.

"What did you do to those kidnappers? You weren't there when I woke up. Nithya said you went behind them."

Even Arjun patiently waited for Rehan's reply. Though he knew, Rehan would have taken care of those men but, How? is something he wanted to know.

"I got them arrested. Now they are taking their punishment." He reverted uninterestingly without opening his eyes.

"And what's that? Imprisonment of 3 or 5 years. That's it !! Do you think that's enough? People who touch women or girls in a wrong way should be hanged till death."

Arjun shook his head in agitation but the last line spoken by him brought an evil smirk on Rehan's lips, which didn't go unnoticed by Kritika since her gaze was fixed on his stretched neck and the moving Adam's apple of course that looked delicious to eat.

She held his jaw between her fingers and forced him to look down at her before raising her brow at him in a questioning manner. Rehan shook his head lightly, waving it off and circled his palm behind her head, bringing her face closer to his thudding chest. Kritika too snuggled up against him not thinking much, maybe because somewhere she knew what he must have done.

Afterall, his boxing skills aren't hidden from her.

But only if she knew which kind of skills he actually used to punish those rascals.

Suddenly, the car halted abruptly, causing Arjun to let out a few profanities before getting down to check the problem. Rising smoke from the bonnet gave him a subtle hint about the problem therefore he asked Anshika to pull the handle of hood release below the dashboard. But Anshika accidentally pressed the FM of the car while ducking down to do what she was told.

"Let it be Anshu. Just open the hood." Anshika was slightly panicking that she messed up such a small task but Arjun's soft and comforting words clearly told her that it's okay to make mistakes.

She pulled the handle and came out to help him further, leaving the couple alone inside the car. Rehan peeked from the backseat contemplating on whether to help them or not as they were indulged in fixing god knows what behind the pulled up hood. In between, his eyes fell on Kritika, who was quietly resting in his arms and was observing his facial features.

"What??" He gently asked only to be replied by something unexpected.

"Sorry !!"

"For what Sweetheart??" Feathering her cheeks through the back of his palm, he asked.