27

Chay and Macau have been really living life as best as they could. Vegas managed to pay for Macau to get an interview to the Uni Chay was accepted into, and now they both are going to the same college. Chay was nervous the first day he went to school as he still felt dread fill him as they walked up the steps but Macau just turned towards him with a smile making Chay feel a little better as he took his first few steps. College life wasn't as hard as they expected it to be. They moved into a dorm that was about a ten minute walk from campus. Chay made the music club while Macau joined the dance club, making him excited as he learned new dance styles. Everything should have been fine. Except something happened. Chay knew that teachers called students by their legal name, but it still bothered him, but it didn’t bother him as much as the day his professor asked him to stay after class.

“You wanted me to stay.” Chay said nervously. 

“Yes, Pensiri.” He said, making Chay sigh internally. “I’ve noticed that you haven’t been following the uniform policy.” He said, making Chay feel confused.

“But, I’m wearing the uniform.” He said, looking down at his uniform.

“Your in a male uniform. You are a female student, which means you are in the wrong uniform.” The professor said, making Chay’s stomach drop. “If you don’t start wearing the correct uniform, I will have no choice but to write you up and fail up.” He said, making Chay feel cold. “I hope to see you in the correct uniform on Wednesday. You’re dismissed, Pensiri.” He tried to walk past Chay, but Chay moved in front of him.

“Professor. I am not a female.” He said, making the professor look up at him.

“Why is that?” He asked, making Chay confused. “Why did you choose this?” He asked, making him annoyed.

“I didn’t choose this. This is who I am. The only thing I chose was my name.” He said, making him groan internally at how stupid that sounded.

“Tell me why. Why did you choose that name then?” He asked.

“My name. I chose my name because it’s similar to my brother’s name. My brother who took care of me once our parents died, he's the person I look up to the most, he’s my hero, and I choose a name similar to my brothers in hopes I can be half the man he is.” He said, making the teacher look at him softly.

“Okay then.” He said, making Chay confused. “What’s your name then?” He asked.

“Porchay.” He said, making the teacher shake his head.

“I don’t call student’s by their nicknames, so your name.” He said, making Chay shake his head. 

“Right. It’s Pichaya.” He said, making the Professor nod.

“I didn’t mean to be rude. I’ve seen too many students pretend to be like you to make fun of others. I see that you genuinely are being true to yourself and not trying to be bullying towards others. If you have any issues with any professors, current or future, have them talk to me.” He said before walking away and turning around to see Chay’s shocked face. “See you next class, Pichaya.” He said before leaving, making Chay laugh once he was alone trying to wrap his head around what the hell just happened before he grabbed his things and walked towards the cafeteria where all his club mates were.

“What happened?” Preaw, the drummer asked when he sat down.

“I have no idea.” Chay laughed before he grabbed some food and ate.

“Hi babe.” Macau said, placing a kiss on Chay’s cheek and sitting next to him. 

“Hi.” Chay said with a wide smile.