Chapter 50-Innocent Ignorance

"I've been told by the Overseer that you two are gonna have dinner."

"Yeah. It was a surprise but it's a welcoming one."

"I wonder if you'll dress up this nice when we're on our date."

"You have any place in mind?"

"The most expensive place in the city. Of course, unless you wish to go somewhere else Kouhai."

The Captain adjusted his tie as he looked at himself in the mirror. Christine was leaning by his door as she waited for him to finish.

"I don't mind eating anywhere." He smirked as he looked at her. "Is there a reason Otto told you of our little get-together?"

"Well, he's still my boss that I technically work under." Christine explained. "Regardless I was told to be near the area alongside Rita just in case."

"Just in case?" The Captain raised a brow.

"Bodyguard work!" Christine smiled.

"Ah." Otto is the Overseer of Schicksal making him very famous. And when it comes to fame, no doubt both enemies and fans alike would be troubling for him. "You'd look more like a bodyguard if you dressed up like one. Now that I have the image of you wearing a suit, you would look amazing."

"Is that so?" Christine smiled as an idea popped into her mind. "You continue getting ready! I'll be back in a bit!" She suddenly opened the door and left the room.

"Did she have to do something?" The Captain blinked as Christine suddenly left at inhumane speed. "Well, she probably won't take long." He hummed a familiar rhythm that he couldn't get out of his mind. "If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking". Despite how much the song he hummed left him with depressing memories, he could not help but find it mesmerizing.

Damn, gacha games know how to leave you depressed... They were promised wholesomeness and they were lied to. This is just as bad as when he watched Cyberpunk: Edgerunners blindly and was left with a hole in his heart after the series ended.

Enough about these depressing things! Let's just focus on something else before I feel empty again! He tried to think of something else to sway his mind away from the sadness that was beginning to swallow him. My hair! That's right! He noticed in his reflection his hair was all over the place. He grabbed his brush and brushed it.

Look at me dressing up like this. Even getting my hair done for crying out loud. He smiled as he continued to brush. Well, even I have to keep my appearance well even if I don't want to. Don't want to embarrass somebody because of my appearance that may judge us. He finished brushing and looked at himself with confidence.

Now that's more like it—

*Boing*

"..." He looked as a strand of hair sprung out of place and stood tall in a vertical form. "An ahoge?" Now? Of all times?

He brushed the strand back down again and sighed with relief as he saw that his hair was now good to go—

*Boing*

"Don't play with me now." His eye twitched as the ahoge returned.

-~-

"Woah, Senpai..."

"Hehe~ Kouhai, what's with your hair?"

The Captain had met up with Christine after he messaged her that he was finished. She had told him to meet up with her once she was finished with what she had to do.

"A strand of hair didn't want to lay flat even after brushing over it multiple times." The Captain sighed as his ahoge twitched to emphasize his disappointed mood. "But let's not talk about me. Let's talk about you. You look amazing." She really did look amazing.