Chapter 51

"What do you think of your meal?"

"It's alright. I think Mei's cooking is better."

"I see. So it's as Rita informed me. Having someone to cook your meals must be wondrous."

"When you put it that way, it does. But I don't know why you make it sound like you're envious. You have your own servants to make meals for you don't you? Not to mention cleaning your clothes and everything."

The two long-time friends ate their meals as they conversed.

"Rita-San. Do you think it's wrong for me to feel jealous?"

"What do you mean Christine?"

"It means that for some reason I'm feeling envy towards Otto." Christine puffed her cheeks as she chewed on the steak she ordered. "I find this unacceptable. While the two of them may be having dinner together as friends, I really want to be eating with Kouhai right now."

"A maiden's heart can be dangerous. I don't think it's wrong to feel envy, it's simply your desires that you want to let out which are causing you to feel that negative emotion." Rita smiled at her student. "Unless you feel threatened that he will manage to take away the person you love~" What a twist that would be! A romantic drama in the making.

"Feel threatened? Never." Christine shook her head in denial, yet the voice in her head said otherwise. "Can two guys not go out to eat as friends?" Her smile was strained.

"History would have called them roommates." Rita giggled causing Christine to irk. "Seriously. Don't feel threatened. I assure you that those two don't have that type of chemistry. That I know of." When she puts it that way it does sound alarming.

"I must say. Eating with an old friend is surprisingly calming." Otto smiled. "You may not know it but I've been feeling quite refreshed just speaking to you."

"Refreshing huh? I know what you mean." The Captain nodded. "I feel refreshed too. Just speaking to you like old times. It brings back good memories. And those good memories make me happy. We should do this again sometime."

"Agreed. But I doubt it'll be any time soon. We are busy men after all." Otto sighed with disappointment as he thought of his workload. "Maybe during the holidays will I be available. Of course, I make no promises."

"Yeah. Same here." The Captain agreed. "Ngh..." He coughed slightly as he refilled his glass of wine for the 3rd time now. Instantly he had taken a sip as the contents went down his throat.

"Something on your mind, friend?" Otto asked. "Also, do slow down on the wine. This is your third glass now. Your tolerance is great so far but how many minutes until it starts to kick in if you continue drinking?"

"A bit of drinking doesn't hurt no one." The Captain winked despite wiping his forehead. He's been feeling a bit hot not that long ago. "They should crank up the air conditioning here..."

"I don't think it's the restaurant's fault for the temperature." Otto chuckled as he saw the man looking a bit red. "I don't want you to go back home all messed up. It will be hard to explain should the others see you in such a state. Then again, they wouldn't give me the option to explain, simply kick me away."

"Mm...you and the others don't get along do you?" The Captain went ahead and chewed on his lasagna. "Honestly, it kinda hurts seeing how the others think of you and don't want me near you." He laughed uncomfortably, it's obvious that his laughter has some pain mixed into it.

"You know they don't want me around you?" Otto went ahead and asked despite already knowing the obvious. Kallen made sure to tell him directly followed by a few others.