Chapter two

As James came to his senses after narrowly dodging a gunshot underwater, he spotted Sirius diving towards some large stones near a cliff. He marveled at the miracle of them not being hit. Determined, James followed Sirius, swimming for a good ten meters before resurfacing. Gasping for air, he felt a wave of dizziness wash over him.

Sirius gestured for James to stay quiet, placing a finger over his lips. James complied, climbing onto one of the large stones while remaining hidden. From his vantage point, he surveyed the wreckage of his former ship, his heart sinking at the sight of fallen crewmates. Frantically searching for Peter among the casualties, he felt a pang of guilt for momentarily forgetting his childhood best friend.

Determined to search for Peter, James began to climb down the rock. But before he could make a move, Sirius tugged on his jacket.

"No, don't go. Don't you know whose crew this is?" Sirius warned.

Reluctantly, James returned to his previous position, scanning the deck for clues about the new occupants of the ship. His eyes fell on a tall, sickly-looking boy around his age, adorned with numerous scars. Unlike most sailors, he lacked the bronzed complexion that comes with spending time at sea.

Continuing his observation, James spotted two other boys. One had brown beautiful skin, blonde hair, while the other, taller boy had his arm wrapped around his shoulder, with brown hair tousled by the wind and eyes as blue as the ocean, even the fact that he could make this out from this distance left him curious.

James was so engrossed in observing the two boys, trying to figure out why they seemed so familiar, that he didn't notice Sirius had left. His attention snapped back as he heard shouting from the deck.

"They are over there!" someone yelled.

An even taller man appeared and snatched the binoculars from one of the boys, eager to see for himself. "Get them!" he screamed.

It was the tall, scar-covered boy who revealed James's location, but it was the even taller man, dressed in all black, who sent a chill down James's spine.

"Fuck," James muttered as he backed away, narrowly avoiding the bullets now being fired at him. Just as he was about to swim away, his hand slipped, and he did in fact not plum into the deep, cold water below.

Opening his eyes, he found himself surrounded by wood. He sat up and realized he was in a small boat, with Sirius at the helm.

"How did you..." James began, but Sirius cut him off with a smirk.

"You were a great distraction," he said, winking.

With that, Sirius began paddling behind the large stones, providing cover and a means of escape.

—————————————————

Here is chapter two, I'm trying to write chapter 3 and 4 now!
Have fun reading it !