9. Of Mouse And Man

"I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks have passed since I got out of the hospital, and had a confrontation with Sean about how Adalind and Sean knew each other and why he sent Adalind after my aunt. The cuts and bruises on my face are gone. I am left with 20 scars all along my arms, 10 on each arm. I am hoping that with more time they'll fade a little. I've been wearing longer sleeves since they are still too fresh. I've been cleared to go back to work. Sean has officially made Hank, Nick and I a group. Before I spent my time working between any detective that needed me. Hank has been riding with me since his car got totaled when Stark hit his car with the pickup he stole. Hank and I got to the newest crime scene. Nick is standing with Wu when we arrive.

"Truck was on its usual route, the Southeast. Driver said the rear loader got jammed. Got out to take a look. Found the body." Wu tells us as we walk to the truck.

"How many stops did he make before he got here?" Nick asks.

"He's not sure. He started at 6:30 this morning."

"Luckily he found it before it got to the dump, otherwise he would have never been found." Hank says.

"Are we able to roll the body?" I ask Wu.

"Well, I already took photos. Evidence is pretty well contaminated, so yeah, we can take a few liberties here."

"Let's roll him." Hank says. Wu and Hank step up to roll the body over, they roll the body over to see a screwdriver sticking out of his neck.

"Ooh." All four of us exclaim together.

"What do you think killed him?" Nick questions, Wu just scoffs at Nick.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Leonard Lewis Drake, Age 30. Last known address, 841 Southeast Long street, apartment 201. Couple of assaults, DUI, and three domestic violence charges." I read off my computer.

"Sounds like your basic bully." Nick says looking through a file on his desk.

"Yeah." Hank agrees.

"That address is on the trash truck's route." Nick tells us looking up from the file.

"Time for a little dumpster diving." Hank mutters in disgust.

"Hank before we go, what's with this plastic rat chilling on your desk?" I ask Hank holding up said plastic rat.

"I'm glad you asked, remember a month ago when we had that case with the Geiger case. Well at the end of the case your brother Nick there thought it'd be funny to order a pizza and place that rat in the box. So when he offered me a slice I opened it to see that on top." Hank tells me pointing at the rat.

"Okay?" I question looking down at the rat in my hands.

"It's there to remind me to get Nick back."

"I'll help you, Hank." I tell him.

"Angela... No." Nick groans.

"Thanks." Hank laughs at Nick's frown. We all get up to head to the apartment building.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrive at the apartment building and are looking at the dumpster.