The beginning 1/2

Man I've been watching bobs burgers so much that it's genuinely kinda slowing getting ingrained in my head 

(For the record, I very obviously don't live in piedmont)

On the first day of summer, after schools got out and kids on buses went home, the Pines siblings, one 14 and the other 11, walked home while discussing things. While one was seemingly nervous, the other was perfectly fine. "Mom said we should be alone for an hour. So would you mind if I just-"

"Bill, I'm not going to let you go through the dumpster behind that store again." Will groaned, judging his brother's odd fascination with old scraps of fabric.

Bill frowned, while he started pulling out the house keys.

He particularly liked fabric scraps, a lot could be made with them.

Unlocking the house, both siblings kicked off their shoes and did whatever they did after school.

Will got on the couch and turned the TV on, attempting to hit the right channel. Bill grabbed a bag of chips, eating a few and taking it with him upstairs.

Upstairs, he went into his room, the walls pale yellow, and clicked on the light.

Opening his computer, he logged back into AO3 and continued what he had been reading earlier.

Those stories were likely going to be what kept him sane this summer, knowing his mom would be busy at work all day and he was going to be left alone. Although she didn't have much of a choice, her job was their only income, and while she made decent money, her hours left her exhausted and them alone for hours, with no way of communicating.

Will kept watching whatever show was on, knowing he wouldn't even know what channel anything he wanted to watch was on. Bill had holed up into his room again, likely being what he's going to do all summer, while Will was left alone downstairs. Sighing, he curled up into a ball on the couch, the cartoon on screen slowly boring him.

The sound of the door unlocking filled the hallway, Will scrambling to get off the couch in time. Jaynette walked through the door, and wasn't even two steps in the door when Will collided with her legs, looking up at her happily. "I'm a 6th grader now!" "I know! So cool!" Will smiled at that response, and let go of her legs.

Setting her things down, she looked up the stairs, and sighed. "Is your brother upstairs?"

Will, who had gotten into the yogurt tubes he had frozen, nodded, humming along in response.

Bounding down the stairs, Bill stood in front of his mom with a duffel bag and a large grin. "Hi! I need to go to the fabric store really quickly, I'll be back though!" He smiled at her sheepishly, hoping she wouldn't tell him no, while she sighed. "Please be back by two. I need to talk to you guys."

Bill nodded, ignoring the fact that his stomach had dropped 30 ft, and walked outside, following the path out of his neighborhood and making his way to the town nearby.

When he started seeing stores and gas stations, he knew he went the right way, even though he did this almost daily. He stopped in front of a fabric store, before going into the alley way and spotting the dumpster.

As HORRIBLE (so bad, it's awful) as the smell was, you could find a surprising amount of decent scraps. Once, he found an entire foot of fabric! He used it to make 1 pant leg, and other scraps to make the other parts, which made pretty sick pants.

While he used the yellow dish gloves to sift through bags for the fabric, his collection slowly grew. Once he was satisfied with what he got, he zipped up the bag and shoved the gloves into a pocket. He slung the bag over his shoulder, and left the alley, going the same path he always did.