The beginning 2/2

A/N: I have no excuse I'm sorry this took like four months to actually come out 

Constellations.

Little stars connected together to make wonderful stories or shapes.

His nickname came from one.

The Ciphers, the rulers of the Nightmare Realm, were quite known.

Gregory, the soon to be crowned King.

Rebecca, the unfortunate loss, 5 years ago.

Mabel, the vicious starfire.

Dipper the scholar.

Not the worst thing to be known for, he assumed, but there were certainly better qualities to be known for, weren't there?

Dipper tried not to do anything to be recognized, other than the incident that got him called 'mentally burnt out' a couple times, along with 'crazy' after he claimed his father killed his mother.

Of course, Dipper was wrong, but he was adamant to prove he was right.

Mainly because he was right, because he was there.

Quite confusing, but you wouldn't be here if it wasn't.

Dipper stared out his window of the castle he lived in, trying to spot the stars past the upside down blood- or was it just red water?- rivers. Sighing in defeat of nothing in particular, Dipper slunk down to get back into his bed, using his magic to produce a screen.

Cat videos were better than not sleeping.

Not really.

Sleep felt better.

Insomnia is a bitch.

He looked up at his ceiling, trying to convince himself to fall asleep, tomorrow was important.

Tomorrow, he'd collect a human soul for his dad.

He wasn't entirely sure why, his dad didn't specify anything other than "the kid's dad is a prick" , which didn't give many details. He didn't really need more details, but he'd like them.

The kid's name was William, and apparently his dad had worked for Ford, Dipper's great uncle.

Dipper was nervous about it, which is part of the reason why he couldn't sleep (as well as insomnia).

Apparently this guy had been an amazing worker for Ford, even going as far as to erase his own existence, which didn't go over well because Tyler ended up getting stabbed and arrested. (Which, according to Gregory, was deserved)

Dipper just hoped 'William' wasn't like his dad.

After another hour of tossing and turning, Dipper just crawled out of bed, grabbing a dark blue suit, which didn't fit him as well as he hoped, and started his day. Might as well.

He waved hello to the various people working in the castle, before making his way to the throne room, where he walked over to his sister and father, who likely had been up for a while. "There you are." Gregory remarked, handing Dipper one of the experimental granola bars.

Gregory insisted on cooking for his kids after Rebecca's death, which wasn't good because he was terrible at it. He knew how to cook, yes, but he was terrible at it.

It was also why Mabel often ate at someone else's house.

On the topic of Mabel, she looked her brother up and down and quietly scoffed. "Couldn't have chosen one that fit?"

"I'm working on it, Mabel, y'know how the stylists here are. They refuse to give me a suit."

"So smite them."