Welcome

Aurora stood outside of the pool room, tears streaming down her face. It wasn't supposed to come to this. She was supposed to escape and be free. She looked over at Samuel, who was also in shock about what had just happened. He put his hand on the window, the blood wiping off on the window. The inspector comes to the window and Aurora shakily grabs Samuel's hand, seeing tears begin to build up in his eyes. What the fuck just happened?

Aurora sat at her dining room table, waiting for her brother to finish getting ready. She had been texting her best friend, Marina, about returning to school today. Today was also the day that the new transfer students were arriving. She had hoped they were nice and not as prissy as a lot of the other people in school were.

She's interrupted by her thoughts when she hears her name being called. She looks up and sees her brother, Ander, standing there with his bag slung over his shoulder, their mother behind him. Their mother was the principal of the school they go to, Las Encinas. She drove them to school and back every day. She calls her daughter over and Aurora rushes over, going outside so that she could get in the car and drive to school.

Aurora sat in the interrogation room, her eyes red with the amount of times she wiped them. Her comfy sweater wasn't so comfy anymore as she sat in the stuffy room. The inspector kept looking at her with curious eyes.

"You two have been in the same classes for years, you practically grew up with each other, right?" Aurora nods, her fingers beginning to tremble slightly. "I need you to speak, Aurora. I need a statement from you. You were the one that found the body." She looks up, glaring at the inspector.

"Inspectora, with all due respect, I've done nothing wrong. I know I found the body, but I don't know what else to tell you about this. This wasn't supposed to happen. No one was supposed to die. I didn't do anything wrong." She said steadily, trying not to yell.

Aurora was at her locker when she felt someone's hands cover her eyes. Her smile grew, knowing exactly who it was, but decided to play with them.

"Hm, is it Gloria Estefan?" The person muttered no, with a giggle. "Shakira?" Marina let out a few laughs, taking her hands off of her eyes and turning her around.

"It's me, silly." Aurora brought her into a bone-crushing hug. Marina and Aurora were childhood best friends. Marina was Guzman's sister, another one of Aurora's dear friends. She loved the girl with all of her heart, seeing her as the little sister that she never had. She always felt the need to be there for her and protect her, as she did for many people.

"Ay, cariña, I missed you so much. How was your break?" She asks, not having seen her since school ended last semester. Marina's smile widened as the shorter girl closed her locker, the two of them walking to class.

"Same old, same old. My parents are still being overprotective as hell, and Guzman and Lu are now fucking on the side." aurora lets out a snort, shaking her head as she clutches her books tightly to her chest.

"Who would've seen that coming?" The two girls laugh, glancing towards the classroom door and seeing three teens standing outside the door. "Are those the transfers?" She asks, a small smile on her face. Marina grabs her hand, telling her that they were going to find out. They walk in front of them, turning to face them. Aurora let her eyes gaze over the three. There was one girl and two boys. The girl had a hijab and looked so beautiful. One of the boys had shorter hair, and Aurora could immediately tell he was a very confident person. The last boy was very cute in aurora's opinion. He had big brown eyes and she saw him staring at her with a soft look. She sent him a soft smile.