Assilah

"On the first of June, around 9:30 PM, you entered the school pool. Marina was there. You had an increasingly heated argument...until you picked up the trophy, and hit her in the back of the head with it. She didn't die instantly, which means you left her there, bleeding to death. This is what we believe happened, and, more importantly, what the judge believes happened. Do you have anything to say in your defence?"

"Aurora, can we talk?" Her jaw clenches as she looks up at Samuel, seeing Guzman standing behind him. After she found out about Samuel and Marina, she had not been okay. She stopped eating, she could barely sleep, she had to stay with her brother at night because of how much she would cry. Ander, Guzman, and Polo have been her biggest help, but it's no use. She truly doesn't know what to do. She looks at Guzman, seeing a pleading look on his face. She rolls her eyes, before taking her stuff and following them into a classroom.

"Nano and Marina are running away. I think they're taking advantage of the party to sneak Marina out." Samuel tells the two, making Guzman let out a scoff.

"With the blackmail money, right? So, your brother takes your share and you rat him out?" Guzman says, making Aurora smirk.

"I don't care about my brother. Believe it or not, I do care about your sister." He says, now looking at Aurora.

"I don't know what you want me to do about this. She won't speak to me."

"She won't listen to me or Guzman either, but you're the only person who can convince her not to leave. Guzman, maybe you can talk to your parents and they can stop it." He says, looking at the blonde boy.

"I could. But, I won't bother," Samuel looks at him, confused. "She can move to the moon, if she wants to. I'm sick of her. Sick of protecting someone who wants to jump off every cliff she sees. Well, let her jump then. If she survives, she might learn something." He said, making Aurora frown.

"She's your sister, Guz."

"And the person that screwed you over. You, me, and my entire family. We're sitting here, talking to the one who helped her do it. She stole from us and blackmailed us, using your brother's help, Samuel. Why don't you talk to him?" Samuel looks down, knowing he was right. "For the same reason I won't talk to my sister. Because you know that if something bad happens to them, maybe they had it coming." He walks out, leaving Samuel and Aurora in the room together. He looks at her, while she has tears in her eyes. Not wanting to spill them, she runs away, leaving him in the room alone, confused and distraught.

Aurora stood in the locker room with all of the other girls in her school, struggling to zipper up her dress. She wore a white, mid-thigh dress. She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see Marina there. She has a soft look on her face, but Aurora doesn't know if she could buy it.

"Do you want some help?" Aurora simply nods, knowing that her words would fail her at that moment. This was the first time the two had spoken in about two weeks. "I'm sorry, Ora." She looks at her through the mirror, her jaw clenching. She gulps as Marina zips it up, turning to face her.

"This is the first time in about a week that you have said sorry to me. Samuel hasn't even apologised to me. Why has it taken you so long?" She asks her, a stone cold look on her face. Marina looks down.

"If I'm being honest, I didn't know how to face you. You're my best friend and I betrayed you. It's just...I really liked Samuel and I knew you wouldn't be cool with it. If I were to ask you, you would've told me that you were fine with it. But, I know you. You wouldn't have actually been fine with it." Aurora couldn't believe her.