Chapter 10: Hit The Streets Of Night

"Breaking news, chaos during the luggage boarding was set upon a huge disaster at a local airport today due to what seems to be an interference of a young ignorant blonde and what they called the phantom of the ignorant blonde. Witnesses said that there was no way a puny girl would create such damage, and hence for several theories were made about a spirit guarding the girl all because of a mysterious fire burst at the baggage carousel..." the female news anchor announced as the crawl said 'Does Paranormals exist among us?'

"Well, we're dead," muttered Alterò as he sipped his black coffee with his mug saying 'the handsome yet he's screwed.

"Oh, we're screwed alright," Alayah said, gesturing to her brother's mug.

They turned their views once again at the television with racing thoughts of them getting punish for the disastrous Spiritual trouble. Their eyes were stuck at the screen that they didn't notice their parents walking up to the living room.

"News watching, eh? That's the first," their mother, Rachel, chuckled.

"M-m-mom?" They both stuttered, surprised expression was drawn. Their faces turned pale by the second.

"You two seem like you saw a ghost or something?" Their father, Cullen, joked as he entered wearing a black tuxedo.

"You two look fancy, what's the occasion?" Asked Alayah, eyeing her parents attire top to bottom.

"Oh, we're going to New York," Rachel answered, a big smile beamed.

Shocked at the sudden event of remembering their lola's birthday, Alayah's eyes widened while Alterò spat his drink. His breath was caught in his throat causing him to cough hard.

"Umm, what's the matter? A-aren't you two excited to see the rest of our splendid family?"

"Well, if cousins in the line then don't count me in the happy state," mumbled Alterò.

"Alterò?" Cullen said, in a strict calm voice.

"He isn't wrong about our cousins being real as..." Alayah chimed but trailed off after a death-glare from her mom responded.

"You two will behave good and that's that. Got my word?" Their mother warned.

The two siblings sighed, "fineee."

Cullen looked up to the television, his eyes narrowed drawn with familiarity on the girl that was talked by the news on the whole muddle at the airport.

"That reminds me," hummed the dad, making his kids sweat beads on their forehead. Their eyes fall onto almost anywhere to avoid the contact.

"Aren't we suppose to take our private jet at another airport?"

Secretly, the kids sighed in relief.

"Yup, apparently this spiritual presence had been really bugging everyone lately," Rachel replied.

Alterò and Alayah chuckled nervously as they chased off the topic about the beef of Lydia and Thalia, away from their parents discussion. As said the Rendòrò family prepared themselves for their big family event. Yet, nerves struck their core, knowing that the little spirit walking would get out of hand if not done quickly. Hence Alayah's worries gushed through.

"Should've let them ride one of our private jet instead. After all, we have plenty," Alayah whispered to her brother.

"We would if we could."

"Wha?"

"Mom's probably got a tracking probe among the family transportations due to us using them for a trouble cause. Which led to not able to use them without permission."