feels right

The following weekend, the gang decided to have a gathering at the Curtis house. It was a chance for all of us to catch up, share stories, and enjoy each other's company.

As I arrived, the familiar faces of my friends greeted me with smiles and laughter. Ponyboy was engrossed in a book, Darry was flipping burgers on the grill, and Sodapop was setting up a game of horseshoes in the backyard.

"Hey, Kiera!" Ponyboy called out, waving me over. "Glad you could make it."

"Hey, Ponyboy," I replied, taking a seat next to him.

The afternoon passed in a blur of laughter, shared memories, and the comforting feeling of being surrounded by people who felt like family. As the sun began to set, we gathered around the picnic table for a meal.

"So, how's everyone been?" I asked, eager to catch up with everyone's lives.

Darry grinned as he flipped another burger. "Busy as always, but good. How about you, Kiera? How's everything going?"

"I've been great," I replied, a smile tugging at my lips. "Johnny and I went on a date last weekend, and it was amazing."

The news sparked excitement among the group, and soon everyone was chiming in with congratulatory messages and teasing remarks.

"That's awesome, Kiera!" Sodapop exclaimed, giving me a high-five. "Johnny's a lucky guy."

Johnny, who had been grilling with Darry, joined us at the table, his eyes sparkling with happiness. "I'm the lucky one, for sure."

The conversation shifted to lighter topics as we enjoyed our meal. Steve and Two-Bit entertained us with their latest pranks and adventures, while Dallas shared stories from his job at the garage.

As the night grew darker, we gathered around a bonfire, sharing ghost stories and memories from our childhood. It was a moment of nostalgia and camaraderie, the bond between us growing stronger with each shared laugh and inside joke.

At one point, Johnny pulled me aside for a quiet moment by the fire. We sat together, gazing at the flames dancing in the night sky.

"This feels right, Kiera," Johnny said, his voice filled with sincerity. "Being here with you and the gang, it's like everything falls into place."

I nodded, feeling a sense of contentment wash over me. "I know what you mean. This is where I belong, with all of you."

We rejoined the group, and the night continued with music, laughter, and a sense of togetherness that filled my heart with gratitude. As I looked around at my friends, old and new, I knew that no matter what the future held, we would always have each other's backs, strengthening the bonds that held us together.