9. "Confrontation"

The day kicked off with the usual banter among our group, laughter and jokes shared as we gathered before the start of classes. Ash was particularly animated today, his rapid-fire quips keeping us entertained and our spirits high.

"Hey, Draco, did you hear about the girl from 12 B? I heard she is all over you already" Ash grinned, nudging me with his elbow. "Lucky bastard"

Morb chuckled, shaking his head at Ash's antics." Ofcourse that music performance did it's work." He chuckled

As the morning progressed,we made our way to the class taking our usual seats.

I was heightened by the looming PE period. I could feel Zeus's eyes burning into me from across the claas, his simmering anger presence was easily noticeable.

Sure enough, as the bell rang to signal the start of PE, Zeus stormed over to our group with purposeful strides, his expression dark and foreboding.

"Draco," he snarled, his voice low and dangerous. "We need to talk. Now."

I exchanged a wary glance with Morb, who stood by my side, But before I could respond, Zeus grabbed me by the arm, his grip like a vice as he dragged me away from the safety of our group. "Get your dirty hands off him" He snarled at Zeus, but I shrugged cause this was something I needed to deal on my own.

Once we were out of earshot of the others, Zeus wasted no time in launching into a lump of insults and accusations, his words stinging like a swarm of angry bees.

"You think you're so clever, don't you?" he spat, his eyes flashing with malice. "Going behind my back, trying to sabotage my chances at becoming headboy again, tryna ruin my streak kid?"

I raised an eyebrow, refusing to let his accusations rattle me. "I don't know what you're talking about, Zeus," I replied evenly. "I'm just focused on doing my own thing."

But Zeus wasn't about to let it go that easily, his temper flaring as he took a menacing step closer. "Don't play dumb with me, Draco," he growled. "I know it was you who convinced Iris to break up with me. You're trying to ruin my life, and I won't fucking stand it."

I held his gaze steadily, my own resolve unwavering in the face of his aggression. "Should have thought bout that before kissing that girl, You play stupid games you win stupid prizes Zeus," I said firmly. "And if you're looking for someone to blame, you should start by lookin' in the mirror."

Zeus's face contorted with rage, his fists clenched at his sides as he struggled to contain his fury. "Why do you think you're so so righteous?" he seethed. "You know, you're nothing but a coward, hiding behind your shitty friend group. Kiddos"

I didn't fight my urge to roll my eyes,"Is that the best you've got, Zeus?" I shot back, my tone laced with sarcasm. "Because if it is, you might want to try a little harder."

With a snarl, Zeus lunged forward, aiming a vicious punch at my face. But I was ready, dodging the blow with cat-like reflexes as I countered with a swift kick to his abdomen.

The impact sent Zeus staggering backwards, his expression a mixture of shock and rage as he regained his footing. "You'll pay for that," he growled, his fists clenched at his sides.

I smirked, a glint of defiance in my eyes as I braced myself for Zeus's next attack. "Bring it on," I challenged, my voice ringing out with confidence.

With a roar, Zeus charged forward, his movements fueled by a potent mix of anger and adrenaline. But I was ready, my reflexes honed from years of training as I deftly sidestepped Zeus's onslaught.

"You're weak, Draco," Zeus spat, his frustration mounting with each failed attempt to land a blow. "You'll never measure up to me."

I allowed myself a smirk, my adrenaline pumping as I parried Zeus's attacks with practiced ease. "Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you."

The battle raged on, each blow exchanged with ferocious intensity as Zeus and I fought for dominance. But in the end, Iris arrived, her eyes flashing with righteous anger as she confronted us head-on.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" she snapped at Zeus, her voice sharp with indignation. "You have no right to lay a hand on him, you spineless coward."

Zeus scoffed, his lip curling into a sneer. "Oh great, now you're all over this filthy asshole?" he retorted, wiping off the blood dripping from his lower lip.

Iris's eyes narrowed, her jaw set in a determined line. "At least I have the guts to stand up for what's right," she shot back, her voice cold as ice. "Something you clearly know nothing about."

Before either of them could react, a girl emerged from the side wall and called Zeus for some school work. Iris and I watched him make his way, pushing me aside as he walked away with a smirk. "I seriously thought you could do more than this, kid," I heard Zeus say as his voice faded away.

Iris stopped me from reacting and instead checked on me to see if I had any wounds. Luckily, I was fine, just a minor cut around my arms. I made my way back to the ground and explained the situation to Ash and Morb, while Iris explained it to Akeno and Lily. They all said I shouldn't have gone, but Morb interrupted and told them that Zeus snatched my arm and pulled me. With that, the PE lecture was over.

Few hours later, with Lily -

As the final bell rang, signaling the end of another school day, I let out a sigh of relief. The tension from Draco's confrontation with Zeus had me on edge, but at least he wasn't hurt too bad. Heading home, I exchanged quick pleasantries with my parents before retreating to my room.

Opening the door, I was met with a sight that dampened my spirits. My room, once a haven of tranquility, was now a chaotic mess. With a resigned sigh, I began tidying up, my mind wandering back to a time when chaos seemed to follow me everywhere.

In the midst of the clutter, I stumbled upon an old diary tucked away in a drawer. Its pages were yellowed and worn, Curiosity piqued, I flipped through the diary, each entry a window into my past.

One entry in particular caught my eye, its words a stark reminder of the pain I had endured.

Dear Diary,

Today was another nightmare at school. The whispers, the stares... it's like I'm invisible to everyone except the bullies. They taunt me relentlessly, hurling insults like daggers aimed straight at my heart. "Broke Slut," they sneer, their words a cruel reminder of my family's struggles.

I try to ignore them, to pretend their words don't hurt, but deep down, I know they're right. We're not like the other families in town, with their fancy cars and designer clothes. My parents work hard, running their business with all their might, but it's never enough.

I remember when things were different, when we had everything we needed and more. But then the business took a hit, and suddenly, our world came crashing down around us. We had to tighten our belts, make sacrifices that no child should ever have to make.

I miss the days when I could walk through the halls without fear, when I didn't have to worry about what the bullies would say next. But those days are long gone, replaced by a constant barrage of ridicule and humiliation.

I wish I could be strong like my mom, to stand up to the bullies and not let their words affect me. But deep down, I know I'm not as strong as she is. I'm just a scared little girl, lost in a world that seems determined to break me.

Maybe tomorrow will be better. Maybe tomorrow, I'll find the courage to fight back. But for now, all I can do is hold on to hope and pray for a brighter tomorrow.

Until then,
Lily

"I can't take it anymore," I read aloud, my voice trembling with emotion. "The taunts, the jeers... It's too much to bear."

With a sob, I closed the diary, feeling the weight of years of hurt and resentment pressing down on me. In a moment of anguish, I flung the diary across the room, watching as it landed with a soft thud against the wall.