Common Enemy

Disclaimer:I don't own Invader Zim in any capacity.

Disclaimer Two:More Ice and more issues for The Membrane's to deal with.

Isolated.

Dib currently is lying on the cold hard ground while holding his stomach. It was in a lot of pain from having an icicle shot into it by Parqa.

This pain was absolutely excruciating and it's honestly a miracle he isn't dead. Another miracle is that they actually kept him, his family and Qoiat alive.

It's been roughly two hours since he was thrown in here. A small, dark and cold concrete cell. The hour he laid in there was one of the worst hours of his life.

Worst being when Tak first stabbed him and his family in the back. Dib had no other choice but to lay there grasping his stomach in pain.

All of that combined with the isolation makes this a harrowing experience. It was enough to drive a man like Dib to madness. There wasn't much he could do except groan in pain.

"Got to..get out of here. "Must..stop..Tak. "Need to find..the others. Dib tried standing up for the first time in those two hours but it didn't work out.

He collapsed from the pain in his stomach and could barely breathe. "Have to..fight through..the..pain. Dib uses the wall to hold himself up and try looking around.

The only light in the cell was from the small window that brought more cold into it. Dib's pain would only seem to get worse as possible effects of isolation kicks in.

He starts hearing things well more like a thing. A voice is heard calling his name but was doing so in a unique way. "Dib. "Dib. "Dib monkey.

"I know you can hear me human. Dib's eyes widened as he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "No that can't be. "Zim? Dib looks up to see Zim standing inside the cell with him.

"Zim? "Yes it is I the one and only mighty Invader Zim. "Come to haunt you filthy stink beast. "How are you alive? "Tak never helped us get back to Earth.

"Meaning we never stopped The Florpus. "Which should mean you should be dead. "Well your first mistake was trusting Tak. "That's what got you into this mess in the first place.

"Look Zim how are you even here? "Think of this as me haunting you from behind the grave. "Seriously how and why are you here? "Ok fine I guess I can tell you.

"The thing is I am not actually here. "What are you talking about? "Hit me. "What? "I said hit me. "Try and punch me in the face. Dib didn't know what to say about this but reluctantly agreed.

He went and tried to hit Zim in the face but when he did his hand went through Zim. Making him trip and fall right through the Irken.

"See I told you. "What how..is that even possible? "Am I going crazy? "Have I been driven to insanity by being isolated in this cell?

"Eh a mixture of that among other things. "Why just when I thought things couldn't get any worse. "I am being haunted by the alien responsible for all this mess.

"I am as upset about this as you are Dib. "But I am willing to put up with this cruel unforgiving punishment I am in to help you. "How could you help me?