Chapter 3

SUSAN POV.

The next day.

I decided not to think about my room mate for some time as there was a possibility of it being a girl; a nice, friendly girl. So I just opened the bags and started decorating it throughout the room, changing bed covers, sheets and much more coz I didn't want me to feel lonely with the plain walls. I, not only changed my bed but the other, too, for that unknown room mate of mine.

As I was getting my new phone started, (on the stranger's bed, by mistake,) I heard a voice from behind me as if someone entered the room. It hit me that I locked the room so how can someone unlock it. Being frightened by this fact I quickly picked up the scissors in my hands for my defense. As I looked at the door, it was the same boy. Shaheer. Oh my god. What is he doing here? How did he open the door?

'Heyyy...Easy there, easy there. ' he said.

I didn't move the scissors from he face, still. He again said, 'Relax girl, I'm not going to do anything. You can trust me.' With that, he raised both his hands up as if to surrender. Then, after some milliseconds, I managed to calm myself. So I moved the scissors away from him and sat on his bed for a while as if to normal my breathing. Then I said, 'What are you even doing here? Were you...were you following me? No. And how did you open the door?' I said all this in one breath.

He replied, 'Look calm down. First, I was not following you. Second, I'm your room mate technically so that's why I was given a spare key from the management. Got it?'

'Ohh... I thought...Never mind.' Relief took over me. Then, I realized I was sitting on his bed so I immediately sat up and went at my side. He said, 'Uhh.. Just asking, but this room was a little..um changed?' I knew what he was talking about so I answered,' Yeah, it was. But you know, it looked plain and dull. So I just, sort of, made it look more...alive?' It sounded more of a question but anyway.

He immediately replied, 'No, it's pretty awesome. I mean, look at it. Half an hour before it was so dull just like a hospital room but now it makes me remember my home.'

It was near seven and I was dying of hunger. So I asked him if he wanted to go to the canteen with me and he said yes and we went. While eating my mouth skipped a word of urdu which I was very fond of, 'Yaar'. Noticing that he said in utter amusement, 'Do you know Urdu?' I awkwardly said yes as it was not a big deal. He said,' Shukar hai. There is someone here jisse main urdu mei baat karsakta hoon.' Then I told him.'No, I don't know much urdu as my mother never spoke it whenever my father was home but I guess I can cope with the accent because it's in my genes.'

'Yeah. Absolutely. I'll teach you Urdu.' 'Will you? Thankyou.'

' We are friends, aren't we ?' No thankyou, no sorry.'

I replied, 'Yeah. We are friends. Yaar chale?' I said trying to a. assure myself we are friends and b. trying to speak in urdu to let him know that I'm not that bad.

He smiled upon hearing this and got up.

The next day, I woke up and got ready. I saw him still sleeping peacefully with utter perfection that I didn't want to wake him up but I still chose to, because he could miss his classes. I pushed his shoulder slightly. He didn't move the slightest bit. I again pushed him. He snored. I called his name, 'Shaheer!' He didn't reply. I didn't know what to do so I pushed open the curtains and took off his duvet. Upon doing this he began whining like a baby. He then said, ' Mama, yaar kya kar rahi hain? Neend khrab kardi. Apne bete ki itni fikr hai apko?' As he said that I couldn't help but laugh. I could understand enough that he thought I was his mother. So I said while laughing, ' I'm not your mother. I'm susan.'

After hearing this, he got up immediately. 'Why were you waking me up? And why are you laughing now?' I wanted to pinch his cheeks so hard but I just said,' You're gonna miss your class so get up. I'm going. Bye.'

He didn't say a word as he was utterly embarrassed which made him even more cute.

The day went by very slowly. I was introduced by many teachers, staff and students. It was English class when I saw him enter the class five minutes late, still half asleep. He came and sat on the empty chair next to me. I tried to focus on the blabbering of the teacher but then gazed on him. I saw him writing something on his notebook. I looked back on Mr. George's face but he passed me a note.

'Let's bunk the next class. I'm so tired of listening to his blabber. Lets go to Starbucks.'

I wrote, 'Okay but what will we do?' He wrote,'I'll teach you Urdu.' After reading this I turned my eyes towards him as he was grinning cheekily.

So after that effin' class I went with him to starbucks with my notebook. It took me 3 hours to learn the basic grammar. It was quite nice. I practiced what he told me to do. He even made notes for me and much more. He was kinda very good teacher. After all this hectic time, I said, 'Done. Now you don't have to teach all this to me today right? But anyway, thankyou so much.' He replied,'I told you no sorry no..' Just as he was halfway through what he had to say, I kissed him on the cheek. He just froze on his place. I..I was freakin out. I looked down and blushed hard.

After some awkward moments, I said, ' Let's go, right? We should be there by now.' He simply nodded. We reached back and it was time for a break so we went to the canteen but I felt like puking. By seeing my condition he said, 'I think you're not feeling well. We should go back, right?' I nodded.

We went back and I suddenly had this urge of puking so I rushed into the washroom. I puked. It had such sour taste. Okay anyway, I cleared it up and went in the room. He was sitting on the bed, his eyes reflecting worry. I said, 'I'm okay. I just need water. I puked.'

He immediately handed me the water bottle. We stayed quiet for some time. I was sitting in the corner of the room on the floor, hugging myself tight. I actually remembered all the incidents of my parents. Trying to forget it, made me remember it more. UHHH....I wanted to scream so loud. But I remained silent. Shaheer was lying on the bed. I was lost in my own thoughts as I felt a hand on my cheek. I looked up and saw him wiping off my tears. I didn't realize when I started crying. He sat beside me and I just had my head resting on his shoulder. After some silence, he said,' You can share it. You can tell me anything which bugs you. I'm here for you.'