Chapter 12

I'm really sorry for continuing it after like a century. But hope you guys stay tuned. Peeche waali story jisko bhi yaad nahi, inbox me and I'll give a quick recap to that person. :P

But it would really mean alot to me if you guys dont leave reading this. Personally speaking, I cried alot writing this chapter. But I tried ke zyaada senti na ho tum log.

Happy Reading. :)

_______________________________
Shaheer's POV
I couldn't believe this had happened. I was waiting out of the ICU. My ears were constantly remembering what the doctor said:
'The patient's condition is fatal. We can only try. Her brain has been hit very badly and even the spinal cord is damaged. You can only pray. I tell you Mr. the next 24 hours will be very critical for the patient. But what's meant to be, will be. Leave it on God.'
And my mind was constantly flashing her face, inducing excruciating pain in my wrecked heart.
It all happened because of me. How can I be so irresponsible? That is still a small word for what I did. Death took her away from me in my presence. Was I blind? Was I too much in love that I forgot her existence? How can I say that I love her too much when I can't let her go for her happiness? Not only I destroyed her first date but also her life. It was all because of me. She is suffering because of me? What if she..she left me? What if she died? Phir uska kaatil mei hoon ga. Mein usko bacha na saka. Kyon Allah ! Kyon? Ye dard kyon? Meri hi wajh se aaj meri hi zindagi mujhse dur ja rahi hai. Kesa pyaar hai ye?
All these thoughts kept eating me alive with each passing second which flew by in her absence. I felt someone patting my back. When I looked back, it was the doctor standing there. I had a ray of hope in my eyes as I looked at him searching answers.
'Mr. Shaheer the patient is out of the very critical stage but the next 22 hours she'll be kept under observation. And! Least she can leave the hospital is till next month but that! only depends on the speed of recovery.'
'Doctor is she safe now? I mean is she okay? And.. Can I me..meet her?' I stuttered.
'Look Shaher, she is not out of the critical mode yet, honestly speaking. But one thing is confirmed, that if she takes stress or doesn't take care of herself, it can lead to some very serious diseases as brain hemorrhage or memory loss. Obviously as the damage comes, side affects come along with it. ' Memory loss?!
I went and sat on the couch the first time till yet. Allah ka shukar!
I immediately remembered that I forgot to tell Lia about all this.
Shit! Shit man ! How could I just forget it. But how would I face her? What will I tell her that I stood watching the show as the car came and crashed into Lia?
I broke into sobs in dire calamity. The fault was all mine.
I wanted to see her.
I wanted to see her smile.
I wanted to sense her essence.
I wanted to feel her warmth.
I wanted to drown into those hazel eyes.
I wanted to caress her rough yet silky hair.
I wanted to kiss those angelic lips.
I wanted to tell her that I loved her.
I wanted to hear from her that she loved me too.
I wanted to marry her.
I wanted to stay by her side forever.
I wanted to grow old with her.
I wanted to die with her.
I went to the room nearby and took out the prayer mat to pray Salah to pray from Allah her health and her happiness. No matter if it lies with me or any guy which she is destined to be with. After praying, I took out my cell to call Lia to inform her. Her reaction was the same as I expected.
'Hold your horses. Lia please. Don't need to panick. Jaldi aa jao. I'll text you the address. And..don't inform anyone yet. Be there soon. And.. Don't worry she is fine. Ttyl. Bye.'
After the call, I felt a little better. Chalo there is someone I can talk to. I went outside her room and stayed there seeing her from the rear view. She looked so pale and feeble. But still, usko dekhne ke baad ek sukoon sa taari ho jata hai, ek khushi si mil jaati hai, lamha tham jaata hai aur waqt ruk jaata hai. Dil chahta hai wahan khara usko dekhta hi rahun.
My feelings went out of control so I moved back and sat on the chair. I couldn't do it. I was giving up.. I need to be strong for her. I sighed. Itni deir se ammi ko call bhi nahi ki.
After a while, I couldn't hold back as I slowly went in. After looking at her, a smile unintentionally came up to my face. She looked pale yet so carefree, so naturally beautiful. But my tears couldn't stop.
'I..I love you Susan. I love you too much. My love for you. It increases every time I see you. I..I fall for you even harder with time. But Sue, I am the reason you're here. You are here because of me. I was so irresponsible. I couldn't even take care of you. Why does it hurt so much when someone even looks at you? Why does it matters to me when its something about you? Why do I feel so happy when I'm around you? Why do I feel nervousness around you? Why do I feel so satisfied with you.. So complete with you? Why can I not even think of losing you? Why does it matter to me the most when someone gets close to you? Why? ' My tone breaking, tears dripping down my eyes as I stood there beside her bed, looking at her injured face which had scars all over, bandages stained in blood. I caressed her hair slowly yet softly thinking that I was behind all this. I gulped the lump in my throat and immediately ran back. I bumped my fist at the wall and blood started oozing out of it. But who cares when your whole life's messed up.
------------------------------------------
Short I know but no time.
Sorry guys but I promise next chapter mei Haya waala part.