CHAPTER 27: TRUTH OR DARE

It's 11 PM, and we're gathered at our resto bar, where only a few customers linger. My aunt, insisting that I enjoy the company of my friends, has graciously allowed me to step back from work tonight. Following the concert, we headed here for a hearty dinner, famished from all the excitement.

My aunt beams with joy at the sight of familiar faces, most of whom she's already met, except for Harreth. It warms her heart to hear everyone affectionately calling her "aunt." However, there's one person who's not thrilled—my cousin Erick, who keeps rolling his eyes as he helps his dad at the counter.

We're all having good conversations, genuine laughs and a few shots of soju. Kai is grilling the meat for our Samgyupsal, Sophia is retouching her makeup and Ran and Harreth are slapping each other's hand for whatever reason. Liam even helped in bringing out utensils and cups from the kitchen, and after that he just kept on staring at me.

"Shhhh, I might melt," I tease, sensing his gaze on me. I can see him in my peripheral view.

"Here are more lettuce", Uncle arrives with a tray of vegetables, and we express our gratitude in unison, thanking him in Korean.

"Thank You uncle, kamnsamida!" they all said in sync.

"I think this is the last time we'll all be together for now, right?" Sophia brought up a question as she fixed the last eyelashes on her eyes.

"If no one's gonna attend the Fair tomorrow, probably yes" Ran said as he grabbed some meat from the grill and put it on his lettuce. "We can still meet during sem break" Harreth butted in and Ran gave him a pissed off look.

Professor Maxwell told us we have an excuse for tomorrow. He said that the last day is focused on alumni, so the facilitators there are mostly teachers and alumnus. But it's up to us if we're gonna attend or not, but I think everyone's already tired of having another concert.

"But I still want to make the most out of our sem break, we've all been stressed out the whole sem so we need good food, music and fun" Kai switches from a sad tone to an energetic vibe.

"What about you oppa, what are your plans for this break?" She turns to Liam, inquiring about his plans for the break.

"Hmm... I'm planning to go back to Korea" I stopped biting my food when I heard his statement. Why didn't he mention anything about it yet?

"Oh no, how about pres?" Sophia asks as if he's affected by or lovestory. "I have no idea about this actually" I said while looking sharp at Liam.

"Cause it's supposed to be a surprise, I'll take you with me bab-" I choke from my food and immediately covers his mouth. I looked behind and saw Aunt Julia busy on the counter.

"여기엔 없어 [not here Hyung]" I said while my face is full of embarrassment. Their eyes are now all wide and staring at me. "Did he just call you baby?!" Kai screamed.

Now I'm questioning if I'm really in the right circle. "OMG, this is too much to take," Sophia said in her high-pitched voice while Ran kept on tickling my side.

"But what do you mean go with you, are you forcing Gelo to go with you?" Harreth jokingly asked which tense up Liam a bit again. "You're out of this, don't butt in" Liam shot back.

"But what are we gonna do there?" My question seems serious but inside, there's an excitement creeping in. Imagine finally coming back to Korea? But do I have enough savings for this? AAAA, why didn't he tell me sooner.