12

I gasp in agony, shaking my head, trying to clear the haze clouding my vision. Everything's a blur, but the sounds are unmistakable—screams, glass shattering, chairs scraping against the floor as people flee. A portion of the restaurant lies in ruins after the bomb went off, and I've been hurled across the coffee shop, my spine feeling stiff and unyielding from the impact.

I press a hand against my bruised, exposed back, ducking instinctively as the sharp crack of gunfire draws closer.

Suddenly, pain erupts in my left arm. I scream, realizing far too late that I've been shot. Blood oozes from the wound as I clutch my arm, forcing myself to crawl beneath the maze of overturned tables. Most people have already fled, leaving only a few injured souls behind. I bite my lip so hard it draws blood, fighting back the sobs that threaten to escape.

What the hell is happening? One moment I was managing the restaurant, minding my own business, and the next, this place turned into a damn war zone. Psychopaths are spraying bullets everywhere, picking off innocent people like it's some sick game. I'm almost at the exit when someone grabs my injured arm, their fingers digging into the wound.

I groan, the pain unbearable as their grip tightens. ''S-Stop,'' I croak, my vision darkening, the agony too much to bear. ''STOP!'' I scream, but I don't have the strength to turn and face the person torturing me.

''Motherfucker,'' I grit out when the assailant finally releases me, moving away to wreak more havoc. This is insane. Where the hell are the cops? Why am I still hiding behind this door, bleeding out?

With a trembling hand, I pull out my phone and dial emergency services. ''Hello?'' I rasp, my voice weak. ''HELLO?!'' I repeat, but there's no response. Damn it. Why even pick up if they're just going to let me scream into the void?

Realizing I can't count on anyone else to save me, I toss my phone aside in frustration and reach for my emergency pistol. My hands shake as I force myself to stand, aiming at the shooters.

As if the universe couldn't resist twisting the knife, I spot a familiar face among the attackers—Chul. Of course, it's him. He brought his gang here on purpose. I've fantasized about killing him dozens of times.

''Fucker,'' I mutter as he spots me and opens fire.

A wicked grin spreads across his face as he signals his minions to attack. And that's when the real chaos begins.

Later in the Hospital:

''Roseanne Chaeyoung Park!'' Lalisa bursts through the door of my hospital room, her voice a mix of anger and relief. I groan, rolling my eyes as I lay in bed, knowing exactly what's coming. ''You have some explaining to do.''

''Look...'' I start, but stop short, seeing Lisa, Jennie, and Jisoo all standing there with their arms crossed in unison. Great. They probably rehearsed this.

''See!'' Lisa fumes, gesturing toward me as she turns to the other two. ''You guys defended her, and now she doesn't even have an excuse!''

''Lisa, calm down—'' I try, but she cuts me off.

''Calm down?!'' Her head whips back in my direction. ''How the fuck am I supposed to calm down?!''

''All I did was try to de-escalate the situation before more people got hurt—''

''And you thought the best way to do that was to take on skilled gangsters who kill for fun?!'' Tears well up in her eyes, her voice cracking. ''You could've died, Chae! Do you even understand that? I could be planning your funeral right now if the cops hadn't arrived in time!''