13

Fuck this. Fuck me. Fuck the entire universe.

I've been riding this motorcycle for who knows how long, and I still can't make a single lap around the field without crashing. What a joke. I thought learning to ride would be useful for what I'm getting myself into, but it turns out, motorcycles aren't as easy as they look.

"Girl," Lisa laughs from the sidelines, "we're not in a fucking race. Slow the fuck down—"

"Shut up, Lisa!" I snap, losing balance again. "I'm trying my hardest here!"

She chuckles, sipping her drink, that smug bitch. "I can clearly see that. Why bother, though? Just drive a car."

"Riding a bike is way cooler," I grin, already imagining myself speeding down empty highways, my hair whipping in the wind, surrounded by nothing but trees and endless open roads. It's a dream, one I'm determined to live out. "Bikes are so underrated."

Jennie finally looks up from her boring novel, adding in her usual calm tone, "It's sexy."

Lisa whips her head toward her girlfriend, pouting. "I take it back—I want to learn how to ride a motorcycle, too."

I snicker under my breath. "What a lovesick chick."

After two hours of crashing, cursing, and bruising my ego, I finally hop off the bike, my ass burning like hell. It'll probably be cherry red by tomorrow. Maybe I should take a picture, proof of my dedication—or stupidity.

I join Lisa and Jennie at the small round table we set up in the abandoned parking lot. It's always deserted, the perfect spot for reckless shenanigans like learning how to ride. Jisoo couldn't join us—she's out on a date with V. While I support their relationship, there's this nagging feeling that Taehyung's only in it to dig up info on me.

Distrust has become second nature since I lost my best friend to a psycho. Typical, right?

Jennie suddenly gasps, her eyes widening as she stares over my shoulder. "I'm a lesbian," she murmurs, "but that guy looks irresistible even to me."

Lisa frowns, crossing her arms. "Now I'm jealous."

Curious, I turn around to see what they're gawking at—and instantly, my stomach drops. Of all people in the world, it just had to be him.

"Goddamn," Lisa whispers, eyes widening. "Unfortunately, she's absolutely right."

"Chae," Jennie asks with narrowed eyes, "you know him? He's looking right at you."

"Who? Me?" I laugh nervously, feeling a panic rise in my chest. "No, no. Never seen him before."

"You sure?" Jennie presses. "Because he's walking this way."

"So?" I snap, my voice a little too sharp. "Maybe he just thinks we're hot and wants our number."

"Hey, babe," Lisa turns to Jennie, "mind if I give him mine if he asks?"

I roll my eyes, trying to hide behind my drink as they start bickering.

"Roseanne." A deep, masculine voice breaks through the chatter, and I freeze.

Oh, hell no. This can't be happening.

I stand abruptly, pointing a shaking finger at Jeon Jungkook, who's now standing way too close for comfort. "What the fuck?! How do you know my name?! Have you been stalking me, you fucking pervert—"

"I'd rather you not call me a pervert," he says, rolling his eyes. "God, will you ever shut that fat mouth of yours? It's annoying as hell."

The nerve of this guy. He seeks me out and has the audacity to insult me in front of my friends? How the hell did he even know I was here?