14

"Pardon moi?" I cough, staring at him, eyebrows nearly hitting my hairline. "Did you put something in your ramyeon, or are you just tripping?"

"I'm dead serious, Roseanne." Jungkook turns to face me, his inky pupils devoid of emotion, so cold I have to look away. My name rolling off his tongue sends a ripple through me that makes me want to hear it again. "You've got to choose one: your sister or your long-lost first love." The bitterness lacing his words is unmistakable, jealousy biting into every syllable.

"Long-lost first love?" I squint, frowning in confusion. "Wait... are you... jealous?"

"What?" His eyes narrow into dangerous slits, and I realize I've hit a nerve. "Why the fuck would I be—"

I burst into laughter, clutching my stomach in disbelief. "Oh my God! I can't believe you stand like a man in front of others and your cute ass can get worked up over nothi—"

"Shut up." His jaw clenches so tight I'm surprised his teeth haven't shattered. "I mean what I said, Chaeyoung Park... fuck, don't look at me like that—"

"Like what?" I press, pushing closer to him, his scent wrapping around me like a blanket of sin. "Like I want you to press me against the back seat, push my pants down, and see how fucking wet I am right now—"

His gaze darkens, a flicker of something dangerous passing through his eyes. Without another word, he swings open the car door and steps out, slamming it behind him with a force that rattles the entire vehicle. A gust of wind rushes in, cooling my flushed face, but it does nothing to quell the ache building from my spine to my skull.

I close my eyes, hating how much truth there was in what I just said. It's undeniable now. The tension between us is a living, breathing thing—something neither of us can fight off forever. Fate, it seems, has other plans, even if we're too stubborn to admit it.

Jungkook reenters the car, his face a mask of indifference. He's wiped every trace of emotion from his expression, like he's donned a new façade. How does he do that? I despise how easily he slips in and out of emotions, controlling them like puppets on strings.

What a hot, frustrating creep.

"I'll kill him," I suddenly declare, crossing my arms, daring him to contradict me. "Tonight... I'll do it."

Jungkook runs a hand through his dark, untidy hair, avoiding my gaze. I keep watching, waiting for a reaction to my unexpected declaration.

"Good," is all he says. A single word. But we both know it speaks volumes.

I don't need to double-check to know Lisa and Jennie are making out in the bathroom. They disappeared together half an hour ago and still haven't emerged. It's like I'm invisible to them—not that I blame them. I relate, maybe more than I should.

Besides, they're still mad at me for keeping my chaotic situation with him hidden. You know exactly who I'm talking about.

Speaking of, Jennie gifted me my new motorcycle—the very one that gave me those scandalous photos of my hot, cherry-red ass. Jennie may be Lisa's girlfriend, but she's definitely both our sugar mommy. It's a running joke between us, despite Lisa's half-hearted protests. What can I say? Manoban's too clueless to grasp the situation half the time.

Anyway, the point is, I know I messed up. Keeping the recent shitstorm of my life from them was a huge mistake. They're like sisters to me, and I hurt them.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sounds growing louder from the bathroom. I roll my eyes, texting Lisa that I'm heading out to visit Jisoo. She'll check her phone later, after the... festivities.