𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔, ⁿᵃˢ

ෆ true love always finds its way back to the one who gave its spark

1997

"Nasir, you're a no good piece of shit, stay with your baby mom, and don't call me again," you spat, slamming the phone onto the receiver. Going to your fridge, you went straight for the bottle of wine. Pouring the remainder into the glass, you sat alone, notebook in hand.

Is this what new york really had to offer? Heartbreak, alcoholism, fornication, but opportunity. It seemed like just yesterday, you had met him.

Flashback - 1996 MTV Awards

You were still full of adrenaline, changed from your sweaty outfit. Slipping into the fresh pair of heels, you were heading back to your seat.

"Bitch, your ass looks fat as hell in those pants," your best friend, made assistant, Davon said. Looking back at him, you smirked, before turning back.

However, before you could stop yourself, you bumped into him. "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking," you said to the man, whose hands almost instinctively went to your waist.

"Nah, you good ma, you killed it out there" he spoke, his voice, sounding hoarse.

"Thank you, I-I should go," you moved away, not wanting anyone to see you, and make any assumptions.

You were originally in a teenage girl group, with a few childhood friends, and upon turning nineteen, you decided to go solo. Moving to new york, you still had a good-girl image to keep up.

"Girl, don't look now, but he is staring," Davon said, sparking your curiosity, turning to see him indeed looking, before he nodded your way, and continued walking in his original direction.

Later that night, you and Davon decided to go out for a meal, choosing takeout, when you entered the building. It was packed, all the seats taken, when you noticed a familiar face.