Chapter 1

"So class, your papers for the mid sem examinations are checked and I must say I was shocked by results of some students! While some of you had done extremely well while some had just stepped down from their position" The principal said while fixing his specs between his nose eyeing every student.

Here Abhishek knew to whom he was referring to, Abhishek was class topper every year just like his brother Shubhman.

Shubhman was the best alumni of their college and every teacher has heaps of praise stored for him.

His brother too was following his foot steps but the teacher always seen Ishan who was Abhishek's best friend as his obstacle.

This boy was never serious about his studies. He never studied in class, was a proper backbencher and one of those who had always disturbed the class.

Currently he was doing his favourite thing to do in the college* that was sleeping.

He was sleeping peacefully keeping his head on the desk while the other students were getting scared about the results. His best friend Abhishek tried to woke him up but he didn't budge.

"Rishabh Pant 98.7%! Congratulations you scored highest marks for this exams.. I must say you had done a very good progress" the principal said, there was always a healthy competition between Abhishek and Rishabh between marks.

The principal started announcing results of other students while Abhishek watched in anticipation, his exam didn't went so well.

"Abhishek Sharma! 82% this was not expected from you Abhishek although the marks are not bad but you are expected to do far better than this. Maybe you should watch your company"
The principal said giving Abhishek his marks sheet.

Abhishek quickly took it before muttering sorry. He didn't knew what to react besides when his elder brother will get to know about his marks he was sure he will be getting a big lecture about "sangat ka asar"

Ishan didn't disturbed Abhishek during studies he was not bad friend at all. This time it was Abhishek's fault that he didn't studied the concept properly but as usual all the blame will go to Ishan.

"Ishan Kishan.. Ishan!!!" The principal shouted.

"Ishuu uth Jaa.. result aagya hai"

"Sone de yaar Abhishek. Bohot dino baad achhi nind aayi hai" ishan said lost in his world while the principal was screaming his lungs out for ishan.

Abhishek without any option pinched Ishan as he was not getting up, "Abee b*sdkee" ishan said rubbing his arm.

"Good morning Mr Ishan, nind Puri hogyi ho toh breakfast order karu aapke liye?" The principal asked sarcastically.

Ishan was lucky that he didn't heard the "slang" which he had just used now

"Tell me what would you like to eat Mr Ishan?"

"Sir.. marksheet" ishan said rubbing his nape.

"What will you do with this marksheet? You had already eaten your marks. This is just a piece of paper for you isn't it?"

Ishan just stood their not knowing what to say while the class was enjoying their commotion.

"Here take this 35% your score.. we had to give grace marks to clear your subjects still you had failed in one. You have to give your mathematics next month and this time if you didn't pass you have to repeat the semester" warned the principal.

.

.

.

"Mera toh chalta hai par tere kyu itne kam marks aaye?" Ishan said lighting up his cigarette.

"God ishan mne tumhe bataya tha I was confused with maths and what happened kis cheez ka stress itna hai ki you are smoking?" 

Ishan only smoked when he was too stressed. Abhishek knew his habit he even tried to make ishan understand the consequences of smoking but ish being ish never listened.

"Are you missing your family?" Abhishek asked.

"Why.. why will I miss them when I haven't seen any of them? I don't even know how they look or where are they" Ishan said looking away as his jaw tighten.

Ishan grew up in an orphanage, from the time he understood he knew that he didn't had a family. He shifted in a PG when he was 18.

He may not show it but he always craved for family's love. He didn't knew how it feels to be loved. Yeah sometimes he gets jelous when he saw people going to their hometown to celebrate festivals or calling their parents, ranting about the mess food.

About ishan he used to manage his expenses by doing a part time job as waiter in a nearby restaurant.

"Ish yaar atleast tell me what happened? Why is your mood sad, is it because you have failed but then fail toh tu bohot baar hua hai.. look at me tumhe nahi pata bhaiya meri kya halath karenge ab?"

" Teri nahi.. mere naam ka jaap hoga ab tere Ghar me, after all I'm the one jisne iss topper ki rank down ki hai"

"Shutup!" Abhishek said punching ishan lightly. As they both went to their home.

.

.

.

Okay so first part is here..

I know thoda boring ho sakta hai but upcoming parts will be interesting ❤️

Till then pls vote and comment 🙏🏻