Chapter 4

Ishan's heart raced as he and Mayank headed to the racing competition in the night. Ishan's heart was pounding with nervousness and excitement, He didn't tell Abhishek about it because he knew Abhi will worry. But Ishan needed the prize money to pay his rent and have some left over.

Mayank: "Are you ready Ish? Feeling nervous ?"

Ishan: nervously "I think so. But what if I mess up?"

Mayank flashes him a reassuring grin.

Mayank: "Relax, Ishan. Just trust yourself tu kar lega mere Bhai"

"Nahi yaar mayank kuch galat hua haar Gaye toh aur bejjati" Ishan said rubbing his palms as they were nearby to the destination.
He was sitting behind Mayank and Mayank was riding the bike.

"Haar gaye toh haar gaye bejjati hui bhi toh konsa log yaha pehchan rahe hai hume" Mayank said which made Ishan laughed a little.

As they arrived at the racing venue, the atmosphere crackled with energy, the roar of engines filling the air.
Ishan couldn't help but feel a surge of adrenaline as he gazed out at the track, the neon lights illuminating the darkness.

"This is it, Ishu. Jeet ke aana mere Bhai" Ishan nods,  as he prepares to take on the competition.

With a deep breath, he climbs onto his racer bike, his fingers tightening around the handlebars.

The race begins, and Ishan's heart races with exhilaration as he speeds down the track, with the Focus each twist and turn, he pushes himself to the limit, his instincts guiding him through the darkness.

As the finish line looms ahead, Ishan's heart pounds with anticipation.

With one final burst of speed, he crosses the finish line, the cheers of the crowd echoing in his ears.

Mayank: "You did it, Ishan! Tu Jeet gaya"

Mayank said as he ran towards him.

Ishan was happy for a minute he didn't really believed that he had won the race. It was blow on the face of those who had underestimated him as the newcomer.

Those who had bet on Ishan won with a huge profit although there were many who thought Ishan won't do well infront of the trained racers. But to their surprise Ishan did it really well.

Ishan's face breaks into a wide grin as he accepts the prize money, he didn't had to worry about being homeless now.

"Thanks yaar Mayank. couldn't have done it without you."

"Ab mujhe thankyou bolega saale!" Mayank just put his arms around Ishan's shoulder..

Mayank too was an orphan he had met Ishan in the cafe where ishan was working currently.

Mayank had brought his ex girlfriend with him as his date, Mayank didn't had enough money to pay the bill.. so Ishan adjusted the bill amount. From that day Mayank and Ishan's friendship begin.

Many times Mayank tried to help Ishan with money but Ishan didn't liked to take anyone's help so Mayank thought of a way of helping Ishan..

It was now past the midnight both of them went to their home.

.

.

.

.

"Kya yaar Bhai, aaj ke din kon office jaata hai?" Abhishek whined.

"Me jaata hu! And abhi you know dad is not here in India and I have to handle the business why are you ranting the same thing since yesterday?" Shubhman said fixing his watch.

"Aur tumhe khelni hai Holi toh baki logo ke sath khelo. Go and play with your friends. Wese bhi mujhe nahi pasand Holi khelna" Shubhman said as he watched Abhishek's sad face.

Shubhman was hurrying as he was getting late for the meeting with foreign delegates.

Abhishek was in his bedroom when he heard honking of a bike. He knew who was it.

"Jaldi chal Abhi.. late ho rha hai Holi khelne!" Ishan shouted to Abhishek.

"Aarha hu bas ye cream lagane de! I don't trust you kahi pakka colour laga dega" Abhishek said.

Ishan smirked when Abhishek came towards him, Abhishek saw that Ishan had hid something behind his back.

Without a thought Ishan started running towards Abhishek with colour in his hand.

"Ruk jaa Abhi dikhata hu kese Holi kheli jaate hai!" Ishan said running towards Abhi..

Shubhman was coming downstairs typing something on his phone he didn't saw Ishan and Abhishek.

As Ishan ran Abhishek hid behind the pillar and Ishan bumped with Shubhman, Shubh was quick enough to catch Ishan as he was about to fall.

The colour on ishan's hand got smeared all over to Shubhman.

It was shock for both of them.. Shubhman's white shirt now coloured with Pink and blue colour. Shubhman's face was also painted with the colors.

Their little eye contact was broken by as Abhishek came there.

Ishan gulped seeing Shubhman. Abhishek knew Ishan had screwed up real bad this time..

Shubhman came back to his senses he realised what had happened.. his temper increased.

"What the f*ck is this!! Ye koi Holi khelne ki jagah hai??!! Ishan what the hell were you thinking!!??" Shubhman shouted angrily staring into Ishan's eyes.

Ishan squirmed nervously under his gaze, "Woh.. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to.. Abhishek started running and.."

Abhishek looked down as Ishan took his name, he knew he was gone.

"Yeah! Abhi tum bhi bachhe ho.. samjh nahi aata??" Shubhman said angrily.

"Forget this! I need to change this I'm getting late. Me aake dekhta hu tumhe Abhishek!" Shubhman said as he started going to his bedroom.

"Wait..!" Ishan stopped him.

"Woh actually.. ye pakka colour hai jayega nahi face se!" Ishan said as he bite his lips.

Abhishek face palmed himself..

Shubhman widened his eyes and tried to rub his face.

"Great!! Yahi baki tha.. ab ye kese jayega?" Shubhman said sarcastically.

"I.. I don't know" Ishan said as he looked down.

Shubhman got a call from his office till then "Cancel the meeting Dhruv! I won't be coming today" Shubhman said angrily over the call and went to his bedroom.

"Abhi.. woh mene galti se kiya. And he bumped into me and I swear me woh color tumhe lagane wala tha. Me sorry bol ke aau?" Ishan said, he didn't liked the fact that Shubhman had to cancel his meeting.

"Ruk yahi.. abhi mat Jaa. Bhai is very angry right now. Aur kya matlab woh colour mujhe lagane wala tha!" Abhishek said as Ishan laughed a little.

.

.

.

.

That was it for today guys and sorry for late update I'm managing 3 books currently and I'm updating every book whenever I get idea to write ❤️

What do you think how will Ishan pacify Shubhman?👀

Also pls checkout my new Ishan centric Oneshot book 🥺🥺

Pls vote and comment 🙏🏻