Chapter 9

Standing in front of a large house, Azalea takes a deep breath before blowing the door down and walking inside. She sees Dillon tied to a chair in the center of the room.

"I hope you came alone" a voice says. A man steps into the light and Azalea quickly realizes who it is.

"What do you want Ethan?" she asked.

"I want the stone. Give me the stone and you get to walk out of here with your boy" he says with a smirk.

Azalea speeds to him and pins him against the wall by his throat " You dare to make demands with me? Do you really think you can use my son against me? You better listen closely Ethan Castro, Im taking my kid and the stone. You should be grateful that Im allowing you to keep your life. try this again and ill feed you your limbs for breakfast. Are we clear?" she says threateningly before dropping him to the ground. She unties Dillon and the two disappear.

Azalea took Dillon to her home in France. She pulls the young boy into a hug.

"Are you okay?" she asked, and he nodded.

"Listen Dil, I promised someone that I would return to them. This house is spelled with the best protection spells in history so Im begging you, please dont leave it. I will be back to get you as soon as I can" she says. Dillon nods and she kisses his forehead.

Azalea returns to Klaus and appears in front of Glorias bar. She reaches the door but hears Stefan's voice before she goes inside.

"Look Klaus, I just want to go home. If you let me go, Ill tell you what Azalea is. Ill tell you anything you want to know about her." he says. Azalea feels her heart break as she hears this.

"So, you would trade your best friend for your freedom? Youre no better than your brother. If Azalea wishes for me to know that information then she will tell me herself. And as for your freedom, you wont be getting that anytime soon." Klaus responds.

Azalea walks into the bar, pretending not to know anything. She walks over to the boys and sits next to Klaus.

"Hello Love" he says turning to her with a smile on his face. she smiles back before going behind the bar to fix a drink.

"And you are?" A woman asks.

"Azalea Montgomery. And you must be Gloria, a pleasure." she says, not looking up from her drink.

"Ah the soulmate. Pleasures mine" Azalea snaps her head up confused at that.

"What did you just say?" she says.

Gloria gives her a look before going back to the spell. Klaus tells her everything thats happened since she left as she sips her drink. Klaus and Stefan leave while she stays behind to talk to Gloria.

"You called me the soulmate. What do you mean by that?" Azalea asked.

Gloria stops her actions and looks up at the girl.

"To put it bluntly, youre Klaus's soulmate. You two are destined to be together. It was seen before you were even born." She speaks. Azalea didnt know how to feel about this new information.

"What do you mean before I was born? I was born in the 1600s."

"A prophecy was written almost a thousand years ago. A little after Klaus was born. This prophecy was made from a vision a witch received. A prophecy of you and Klaus. You two are soulmates, destined to love each other" Gloria says.

"So, what youre telling me is that I have to be with him because of some prophecy?" she questions.

"No sweetie. The feelings that you have for him and the love that you feel for him will be genuine. Being soulmates doesn't force your love for someone. Nor does the prophecy. You could even simply just be best friends. But you will feel drawn to him. You will find yourself wanting to protect him. Your father knew all about the soulmate bond between you and Klaus. I dont know much, but I would ask him about it." she explains.