S1 EP1

•《SEASON ONE》•

•《EPISODE ONE ~ DAYS GONE BYE》•

•Synopsis•

Rick searches for his family after emerging from a coma into a world terrorized by the walking dead. Morgan and Duane, whom he meets along the way, help teach Rick the new rules for survival.

Rick Grimes is driving through a barren road in a police car. He stops in front of a few turned over cars. He slowly gets out of the vehicle, grabs his hat out of the back seat and pulls out a jerry can out of the trunk. He starts walking through the cars towards a gas station and see's an abandoned camp. He looks into a car and see's a woman rotting in the driver's seat with flies flying around her. He keeps walking to the gas station and looks up at a sign that says 'No Gas'. He hears shuffling and leans down to look under a car. He sees the feet of a girl shuffling past. The Girl picked up a teddy bear and kept walking. Rick stands and walks toward the girl.

RICK: Little Girl? I'm a policeman. Little girl.

The girl stops walking and Rick steps toward her.

RICK: Don't be afraid, okay? Little girl.

The girl turned around. Her face is rotted and there's splashes of blood on her clothes. Rick stares at her for a moment and she slowly starts walking towards him. Rick darts walking backwards fumbling to get his gun out and she starts quickening her pace. Rick shoots her in the head and her lifeless body falls to the ground. Rick looks shocked at the girl that he shot.

THE WALKING DEAD

Rick Grimes and Shane Walsh are sitting in a police car eating food.

SHANE: What's the difference between men and women?

RICK: This a joke?

SHANE: No, I'm serious. I never met a woman who knew how to turn off a light. They're born thinking the switch only goes one way. On. They're struck blind the second they leave a room. I mean every woman I ever let have a key- I swear to god its like i come home, house all lit up. And my job, you see, apparently- because my chromosomes happen to be different- is I've then gotta walk through that house, turn off every single light this chick left on.

RICK: Is that right?

SHANE: Yeah, baby. Mmm. Oh, Reverend Shane is preaching to you now, boy.

They both laugh

SHANE: Then- the same chick, mind you- she'll bitch about global warming. You see, this is- this is when reverend shane wants to quote from the guy gospel and say, "Darling, maybe you and every other pair of boobs on this planet just figure out the light switch, you see, goes both ways, maybe we wouldn't have so much global warming." You know?

RICK: You say that?

SHANE: Mmm. Yeah, well, a polite version. Still, man, that earns me this look of loathing you would not believe. And that's when the "Exorcist" voice pops out. "You sound just like my damn father! Always yelling about the power bill, telling me to turn off the damn lights!"