ᡣ𐭩 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐁 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍'𝐓 go out drinking much nor does he alcohol a whole lot, but when he does, he likes to go to public bars since he'll give him the chance to meet new people. Alas, he usually ends up leaving after an hour of staying since he either can't handle the people there or the music-oftentimes, it was the music that was the issue since it left a sour taste in his mouth.

He didn't mean to toot his own horn, but Jacob always thought that he had an acquired taste in music since he preferred ones that came from the 1950s-1970s era, as that was the golden age for all things music.

Nevertheless, he tried to be open-minded to other genres of music and when he finally dared to venture out once more, he finally decided to bite the bullet and head out tonight to an open mic club.

As Jacob sat at the bar of the Magnolia Melody Saloon, the dimly lit room enveloped him in a comforting haze. He nursed his beer, lost in his thoughts, the clinking of glasses and murmurs of other patrons forming a distant backdrop to his contemplation. The worn wood of the bar beneath his fingertips felt familiar, grounding him in the present moment amidst the swirling currents of his mind.

As his beer dwindled to half its volume, a subtle warmth spread through Jacob's veins, a gentle reminder of the reason he had sought solace in the depths of this establishment. It was then that a new presence stirred in the room, a soft shuffle of footsteps approaching the stage. Jacob's attention flickered, curiosity piqued by the impending interruption to his silent reverie.

A hush fell over the saloon as the figure stepped into the spotlight, a lone figure amidst the sea of shadows. She was a silhouette against the glow of the stage lights, an enigma wrapped in the melody of the night. Her voice, when she spoke, was a melodic whisper that drew Jacob's gaze like a moth to a flame.

"Ladies and gentlemen," her words floated on the air, ethereal and captivating, "my name is Y/n, and tonight, I offer you a piece of my soul. I hope you all enjoy the song I picked out for you tonight..." Despite being a little buzzed, Jacob still managed to glance over his shoulder and at the sight of the woman on stage, he felt himself tense in his seat. To say she was beautiful would be the greatest understatement of the century. Her hair framed her enchanting face that could launch a thousand ships, her eyes held a depth that seemed to beckon him into their depths, promising secrets yet to be unveiled, and her skin looked so soft that he wanted to press gentle kisses all over her body.

This Y/n managed to leave him breathless.

Every movement she makes is poetry in motion, every smile a beacon of light that illuminates his darkest corners. In her presence, Jacob feels a stirring in his soul, a primal need to protect and possess that consumes him entirely. He cannot help but want to worship her, for to him, she is more than just a mortal being-she is a goddess cloaked in human guise, a divine entity walking among mere mortals.

If he didn't know any better, Jacob would believe that Y/n had descended from the heavens themselves, a celestial being sent to earth to enchant and ensnare those who dare to lay eyes upon her. And in his eyes, she is perfection incarnate and he would do anything to keep her by his side, forever and always.

"Heartaches, heartaches..." She soon started singing the song and right off the bat Jacob was intrigued it wasn't because of Y/n's devilish good looks but it was because the song sounded old-timey, something that sounded like it was from the 1930s. "My loving you, they're only heartaches. Your kiss was such a sacred thing to me. I can't believe it's just a burning memory..."

Now, Jacob finally turned around in his stool, drawn by the siren song that echoed through the saloon, his gaze fixated on the woman who stood illuminated in the glow of the stage as he watched her, slack-jawed.