002 | 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐘/𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 gotten up that day, it took her an embarrassingly long time to remember that Jacob Alden had sent her a friend request earlier that morning. When she recalled this, she practically froze when she was eating her breakfast. "Dang it..." she whispered under her breath before quickly finishing up her meal. When she was, she carefully set the bowl in the sink before retreating upstairs where she sat at her desk, logged into her computer, and pulled up his account on FriendSpace.

Should she text him to try and strike up a conversation, and get more acquainted with him? But what if he's working?

'Whatever,' Y/n thought, rolling her eyes. If Jacob was working, then so be it. She'll just have to wait for him to respond. No big deal.

And so, she pulled up her and Jacob's chat— which is empty and burden— and thought of what she could say. Or rather, what she should say. The truth is that Y/n has never been good at starting conversations but alas, she has to try.

Once she was finished typing out her message, she hit the send button as she leaned back in her chair. With the task completed, she decided to make the most of her time and tackle some chores around the house while she waited for Jacob to reply since it would take him at least a few minutes to reply.

As she rose from her chair and turned away from the monitor, she heard a faint 'ding' emanating from her computer. Surprised, Y/n turned back around, her eyes widening in disbelief as she saw Jacob's reply already lighting up the screen. "That was quick..." she mumbled to herself. Her heart skipped a beat as she hurried back to her desk, her fingers trembling with anticipation as she clicked on the notification. Jacob's message filled the screen, his words causing a warmth to spread through her chest.

𝐘/𝐧 𝐋/𝐧 (@𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞):
hi stranger. didn't think
i'd see you again

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛 𝐀𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 (@𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐡𝐬):
Hope I'm not intrudin or nothin 😅

For a moment, Y/n sat in stunned silence, her mind racing as she processed the fact that Jacob had responded so quickly. It was as if he had been eagerly awaiting her message, just as she had been eagerly awaiting his. Nevertheless, a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she read his words and she continued to text him.

𝐘/𝐧 𝐋/𝐧 (@𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞):
ofc you aren't. tbh i was worried
that you'd be at work or something

Meanwhile, Jacob felt immensely flattered that Y/n would even consider the possibility of his daily life. Just when he thought she couldn't be any sweeter, here she was, proving him wrong. He even had to take a moment to take a few deep breaths to calm himself before replying. He shouldn't get too excited. He didn't want to scare her off when he hadn't even had the chance to properly reel her in.

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛 𝐀𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 (@𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐡𝐬):
Nah, I got the day off.

But Jacob knew that he couldn't keep his replies short and curt. He had to think of something to keep the conversation going or else he feared that Y/n would get the impression that he's a dry texter and because of it, would avoid talking to him in the future. So, he brought up the only thing he could think of without outing himself, given that he spent the morning scouring over Y/n's various social media accounts.

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛 𝐀𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 (@𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐡𝐬):
So... your profile picture.

Isn't that from some sort of show?