chapter 5

Eeshan was punching the punching bag furiously. His mind seemed to ignore the music blasting in his headphones and his body that was screaming with pain. But hey! It was nothing compared to the pain his father had given him the previous night.

The seat he had been eyeing now belonged to someone else! That one seat he had been dreaming of! That one seat which was the epitome of power in his eyes- now belonged to a random woman who may as be unworthy of it!

Bloody Bit-

"Eeshan man! It's 8:45 already, you've been here since 6 in the morning, take a break!" Eeshan's gym coach and a close friend, Gaurav called out.

"Bro, Eeshan has probably taken a vow to tear that bag" said Prithvi with a laugh.

Eeshan turned to face his two close friends. "Bro lut gaya hu main" he said, in a low voice.

"Hah! What?" Gaurav laughed.

Eeshan explained the whole of previous night's fiasco to the men in front of him while pat drying his sweat with his towel.

He then proceeded to walk towards the shower room while leaving the two guys to contemplate over his life problems. After a good 15 seconds of silence,

"Bro, what's her name?" Prithvi asked.

"Some..Barkha" Eeshan voiced.

"Seach her up in LinkedIn," Gaurav suggested.

Prithvi nodded and soon, his face had a tiny smile.

Eeshan turned the shower off and a minute later walked out, only in his briefs, flexing his the muscles of his arms.

"Eeshan, you should be glad it's only the three of us here" scolded Gaurav. Eeshan was indeed glad that the gym, too, was owned by Gaurav. So naturally, he was allowed to work out there without out paying for it.

Hell! The only times he had to use money from his poket was when he damaged the equipments- and that was only when he was really pissed.

"Barkha Agarwal. Age 26 has been working in Zillows since the past..two and a half years. Has done her Masters in Business Administration. Works as the Assistant for the CEO of Zillows...eeh, that's it, " told Prithvi mechanically while reading from his phone.

Eeshan, who had worn his track pants by now, asked sharply, "Any dating history? Any personal info? How does she look?"

"This ain't Tinder or Bumble, Eeshani," guffawed Prithvi.

"What do you want to do now?" asked Gaurav curiously, completely ignoring Prithvi's laugh.

"Dethrone her," muttered Eeshan angrily.

"Hain?" Prithvi's laugh died.

"You heard me. If I prove her incapable, I get to be the CEO. Prithvi, you're a chef, so, no offense, but you don't get that seat. Gaikwad uncle's son is still studying and his daughter is a model- so no, none of them..and I don't believe any of the other shareholders want to be the CEO, because..let's face it they don't want to be one. They are cowards. So, father will have no choice but to make me the CEO! Howz my plan?" Eeshan said excitedly, as if he wasn't angry only a minute ago.

"You..sure of that Eeshani?" Gaurav asked, a little skeptical. Maybe too much of gym had affected his brain cells. He was talking crazy things.

"Yes! And no! Don't call me that! You're 27 for God's sake! I'm sure my plan will work, all I need is to make sure..I get some solid proofs against her. Something..dirty or maybe something..embarrassing or even stupid! But yes, I'm not backing down so easily! It's my seat and I'll do anything to take what's mine." Eeshan said, staring absently at the bustling road below him.

He turned to his friends, who were gawking at him. "What?" he asked, puzzled. "Where is that evil TV serial wala laughter?" Prithvi asked, with a serious face.

"Are you serious man? Meri puri life jhand hai or tumhe mazak soojh raha hai? " Eeshan whined.

"Phir tum karna kya chahte ho? Did you give it a second thought? It's a little to messy if you ask me..what do you want to do?" Gaurav asked, a little stern.

"Chillax Gaurav, if the assistant is being promoted, then the space will be empty. They will definitely keep a few posts open, haina? That's it, I'll join the company, spy on her on the pretext of working! There! Mera full proof plan!" Eeshan spoke, proudly.

Prithvi raised an eyebrow, "when did you plan this? When you were murdering that punching bag?" He asked.

Eeshan scratched the back of his neck, shyly," I got the idea when I was showering," he said.

"Fuck bathroom thoughts" Gaurav muttered while slapping his forehead.

"Cmon bro! It's amazing! Trust me" Eeshan said.

"Seems..alright..but what will you tell Devansh uncle?"

"Meh, I'll tell that I was broken hearted and I took another job. That should solve it" Eeshan said carelessly.

His eyes were shining with excitement and happiness. Gaurav, the only one responsible in the trio wasn't very excited with Eeshan's plan but, that reckless boy would listen to no one.

Prithvi supported Eeshan whole heartedly. He was confident that, even if the plan was hasty, Eeshan was crooked sorry, smart enough to excute it properly.

Eeshan had received his friend's approval and that was all he needed. He was sure this will definitely change his life.

And this boy wasn't wrong. It only changed him, but in a way he wouldn't have guessed.

A/N: So, I told I'd publish when I'd have 10 votes. That didn't happen. I was too impatient so I published this. You should be glad I'm being nice.

10 votes+10 comments= next update.
It's easy. Really! try karke dekho.