chapter3

Rafe was know for his ability to read people .It was how he was such a known tycoon in the corporate world.The women seemed to be going through a myriad of emotions , from desire to nervousness and everything as she stared back at him. She piqued his interest and curiosity.

Anna sat there silently staring at the handsome greek god infront of her when he raised an eyebrow at her questioningly . Her face turned a nice shade of red and then she finally broke eye contact .She broke out of her trance and finally realised he was waiting for her to introduce herself. She got out of her chair and gave him her hand "Hello i'm Anna Fobes ."she said.

As soon as there fingers touched Rafe felt a jolt of lightning went through their joined finger. She was beautiful sure as were many other women he came in contact with on a daily basis but none of them made him feel like she did by just a mere touch of fingers.

Rafe turned towards Kyle while releasing Anna's hand at the same time "when your guest here leaves you please come into my office and take care of a few things for me."he said and then turned to go.

"Rafe didn't your father talk to you yet?" Kyle asking stopping him .

"Talked to me about what ?" Rafe asked confused."I sent you my notice last month and even told you that your father would be hiring a new assistant for you." she simply stated .

"I told you last month that i needed you to stay a little longer than that so i could fine a perfect replacement for your position. I assumed the matter was settled." he said a bit too harshly.

"Rafe don't you dare use that tone with me. Don't you forget i have seen you when you only used to run around in your diapers .I love this company but as your father retired its time for me to also retire that's what i want and that's what's right . There is certain things that need to be done to bring in new generation. I stayed a little longer only so you can get settled in . And now that that's done it's time for me to do what i want." she retorted .

"Okay i understand but at least you could stay a little while so i could get your replacement?" Rafe pleaded not even giving a damn that Anna was in the room too . He was just so desperate for Kyle to stay.

"Now boy that's not a problem at all because your father already took care of it.He already conducted interviews and this Miss Anna here is your new executive assistant and i might as well add she is doing really well learning that is required of this job.I have been training her all morning and she is doing an amazing job"Kyle finished with a huge smile.

Rafe turned his cold stare at Anna who seemed to shrink under his stare.Chill settling in her bones she felt her stomach drop . If looks could kill she would have been dead by now.The man had enough heat packed in those eyes to be considered a fire hazard. She had never reacted to a man so strongly as she did to this man and was not at all happy with this unfamiliar feeling flooding through her.

"I'll talk to dad about it. I should have known about the interviews conducted. " he said to Kyle then to Anna he spoke with utmost authority "Don't get to comfortable in your new position Miss Forbes." then he turned and stalked back to out of the office.