𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Kamaria was in the depths of sleep when a groan slipped from her lips

Kamaria was in the depths of sleep when a groan slipped from her lips. She turned with a grimace, attempting to drift back into slumber, but the sensation of something brushing against her hand jolted her awake. Her frown deepened at the sight of a pendant on her pillow. Leaning forward, she lifted the necklace, her expression one of confusion, just as Ananya walked in, holding a bowl of grapes. "What's happened?" Kamaria asked her friend.

"Nothing's happened... not that I know of, anyway. I thought it'd be nice to have breakfast together," Ananya responded with an easy shrug, settling on the bed next to Kamaria.

Together, they started to eat grapes, engaging in light conversation and sharing laughs over simple joys.

Ananya looked at the Scottish queen, her bewilderment clear as she observed the pendant entwined in Kamaria's hand. "What is this?" she asked, her eyes locked on the necklace, her eyebrows arched inquisitively.

Kamaria gave a nonchalant shrug. "I'm not certain; it seems to have been left here during my slumber."

Ananya scrutinized the necklace in Kamaria's hands with evident distaste. "It's quite hideous. Who would ever gift something so ugly?" she remarked bluntly, prompting Kamaria to scoff and nudge her shoulder lightly, retorting, "It's the thought that matters."

Ananya hummed, a smile flickering across her lips, as she put the bowl down and took Kamaria's hands, coaxing her off the bed.

"Alright, let's get you dressed. King Henry will soon be here from Paris," she announced. Kamaria let out a deep sigh, yielding to the almond-eyed girl's help in choosing a dress.

  𐬿★𐬿

After getting dressed, Kamaria and Ananya stepped out of the castle to join the crowd waiting for Henry's arrival. As they emerged, Zahria, Yelena, and Adara came forward. "Join us, Adara. We're going to greet the King," Kamaria invited, offering a gentle smile as Adara passed by.

Zahria caught sight of Adara's ornate dress. "You look exceptionally beautiful today, Adara. Who are you trying to impress?" she teased, a smirk playing on her lips.

Kamaria's gaze shifted to Adara with a lift of her eyebrows. Adara, sidestepping Kamaria's inquisitive look, started to reply, "No one special. I'm just..." but trailed off, searching for the right words.

Kamaria exhaled softly, offering a small smile to her friends before interrupting the brunette. "Can't Dara be lovely just because she is? And you're lovely too," she said. Taking Adara's hand, Kamaria led the way, leaving Yelena, Zahria, and Ananya deeply engrossed in their conversation.

"That was kind of you. I'm planning to tell them about the King and myself," Adara whispered, careful not to be overheard.

Kamaria nodded in understanding and replied, "But you're waiting, right? It's been a while since you've seen him, so that makes sense."