Chapter 1: Rebecca

What would you do if a stranger told you that your entire life was a lie? Blood is all I see, everywhere

What would you do if a stranger told you that your entire life was a lie? Blood is all I see, everywhere. My parents, well not my real parents, lying lifeless in front of me. Have you ever felt that everything in your life is perfect but then something happens that you never even imagined in your wildest dreams and suddenly you're someone you never knew you were? I know this won't make sense to most people but if it does to you, you have my condolences.
Let me take you back in time.

A few hours ago...

"Becca!! Come downstairs, I need you."
"Yes, Mumma!!"

My mother was the most punctual person I'd ever met, 7 A.M. on the clock and my mother's voice, these two things were how I started my morning, every day. If you're thinking that she'd let me sleep in on a Sunday, then you're mistaken. I am not complaining, because whenever she's not home I miss her as my alarm clock.

I wear my slippers and walk down the stairs to the living room; she is relaxing on the couch while watching our favorite TV. Show, F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
She looks at my legs and covers her eyes saying, "My eyes!! OH, my eyes!!". She loves Phoebe.

"MUMMA!! They're just shorts, and my thighs
are covered." She starts laughing.

"What did you need me for?" I asked.

"Mr. Rupert has asked for your hand in marriage with his son Antonio. Your father and I have been friends with Antonio's parents for a very long time and we think you and Antonio have a lot in common."

This might be the fifth marriage proposal since June started and it's only the 20th today.
"And what might that be my lovely mother?"

She looked confused and shocked at the same time. I did meet Antonio once or twice during some family events but never liked the guy. When I saw him for the first time, I did find him attractive and I might also have stalked him on Instagram.

His account was public which was the first red flag, his multiple shirtless pictures in the gym were the second and the way girls were drooling all over his comment section was the third but him replying to each one of those comments was the ultimate siren. I am not saying that this is what most women think, but for me, it was a no.

"Well, you two must have something in common. Why don't you meet him and get to know him for once?"

"Mumma, you know I love you and Dad but I don't like this guy. He is just too loud. I want someone calm and collected."

"I have never heard Antonio utter a single word; how can he be loud?"

"Not like that ma, I just don't know how to explain it to you."

I hope you understand what I want to say. I have always been a little slow in expressing my feelings, I'd rather be silent than express what I feel.

"It's okay, my Becca. Just remember that I and your dad love you." I could see the tears emerging in her eyes.

"Oh ma, don't be silly. I know you're worried about me 'coming of age' but it's a very important decision, so let's just relax and handle it accordingly."

Dad heard our conversation, smiled and said, "Aren't you the wise one?", and we all laughed it off.

Present...

And I never knew that it would be our last laugh together.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hello my lovely reader!!! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I am thinking about updating a chapter every week or twice a week, depending on my academic and work schedule.

Do let me know what you think about this chapter, and the previous updates I posted, also what do you think will happen next?? 🤭🫶🏼