Chap.8(Potential Groom)

Chapter 8: Potential Groom

"Haya.... Haya! Where are you?"

She was standing in front of an ornamental mirror in the lobby and was trying to fix her teeka when her mom was calling her.

There was chaos everywhere. The mehendi function had started outside. Everyone was busy moving towards the function and she was still standing there.

"What happened Amma?" She was struggling with the teeka which refused to sit on her forehead. A golden teeka of the shape of a coin below which dangled a red ruby. Her hands which were full of bangles constantly made sound when she was setting the teeka.

"Come soon your dad is calling you, we have to introduce you to someone." Sensing the happiness in her mom's voice she got startled and stared at her mom. Wearing a sobre silk saree and diamonds she looked poised and happy. She left her teeka..Her heart started palpitating....Did phuphu arrive...and her arrogant son?

"Where is Abba?" With her heart beating loudly she followed behind her mother. They saw Sulaiman sahab standing near the gate and with him was a young man on whose shoulders he was resting his hand and saying something. In front of them stood an elegantly dressed man and a decent woman.

She slightly lifted her lehenga from both ends and walked towards them. "This is Haya....my daughter." Sulaiman sahab smiled and held her by the shoulders.

"Assalam Alaikum" She slightly bent her head and greeted them.

"Wa alaikum salaam beta" They were curiously looking at her.

She was wearing a dull golden lehenga and heavily sequined blouse. The sleeves of the blouse were shorter than half. Small golden pearls were dangling from the sleeves. She wore her heavy sequined dupatta near her neck. Her hair were as usual straight and falling behind her back. Alongwith the teeka she was wearing golden jhumkas and after applying minimal makeup, her already soft and fair skin glowed further. She lifted her eyes which were filled with kajal. They were curiously looking at her.

"And Haya! This is my friend, Umair Lagari. This is Mehnaz bhabhi and this is their son Waleed." Her heart felt burdened. Tears started welling up in her eyes but she controlled herself.

"Nice to meet you...umm.. that guests are arriving and I had placed the rose petals here, everyone is probably looking for me..so I..."

"Yes, yes you should leave, go and enjoy" Sulaiman sahab let her go. She apologizing smiled at them and walked towards the gate. After coming outside she wiped the corners of her eyes and turned back and saw them before leaving.

___________________

Thank you!

[Make sure you read the next chapter!]