Chapter 9

I was barely outside the room when she came running after me from behind and hugged me tight, her head leaning on my back and both arms around me.

"Thank you so much! Thank you for allowing me to stay here. Thank you for not sending me to my death..."

"Fine, can you free me now? And it all doesn't mean I like you in any way now. I have done much to break my rule for you, repay me by staying far away from me and never hugging me again!" I snapped.

"Okay, I will..." I heard her inhale deeply and giggle happily. "I love your cologne. I love your warm smell.

"Get off me!" I snarled, but she hesitated a bit, and we were just at the door of the room that was already open. Her hug didn't feel as bad as I thought, and I wouldn't mind a few minutes of allowing her to lean on me, but we were exposed, and anybody can see us when passing the hallways, especially my father.

"Speak of the devil!" I grunted as his figure appeared at that moment, walking by the hallways, and before I could push this annoying girl off me, he saw us.

"Wow...." I heard him exclaim, and his eyes lit up. It was then that Lena decided to leave me. I hissed and stomped out, banging on the door.

"That was so beautiful." He added, and I scoffed.

"It isn't close to what you think at all. That girl and I are enemies. She forced that hug, and I was even about to yank her off me before you saw us!" I hissed, but he didn't seem to buy anything I was saying at all as he smiled and nodded.

"Is she staying?" He asked, still maintaining his smile.

"Yes." I replied dryly, shrugging and frowning.

"The rule doesn't apply for her " he laughed, and I rolled my eyes, wishing I could tell him the reason why I allowed her to stay. It isn't love at all. Neither are we friends. I can't get myself to wipe out a family in under one year. My conscience won't allow that.

"Her pack is after her life; that's why she is staying here "

"You finally care about a girl. It sounds so sweet." He winked.

"It is not..."

"You can stop the defense. Follow me; there is something I have to tell you about his kingdom that you need to know."

"Okay, but you still have to know and believe that I have nothing to do with that girl. I am not falling in love with anyone!"

He didn't say anything as we both headed to his inner chamber. I knew at that moment that it was an important issue, or he wouldn't be taking me in here to talk about it.

"Have a seat." He gestured and walked over to the bar, bringing out a bottle of vodka and two tumblers. It had been a year since we sat together as father and son. I had been distant from everyone. I don't know how I allowed it now. It was clearly to discuss an issue about the kingdom, which I had told him several times that I don't give two shit about.

"The meeting wasn't a peaceful one." He began, his voice cold, as he sipped the wine and dropped the cup.

"What do you mean? The report...."

"Yes, that was just to ease off panic and not put the people under any pressure. Someone wants something we have and will do everything possible to have it, even if it means bringing war against us." He breathed, and I sighed, throwing my head back on the headrest.

"Do you know who the person is? In any way. And what the hell is that? Can't we just give it to him and have peace?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"I only guess the person is also a Lycan king, but I can't point out who it is. I received a letter from this person. The letter was in the notebook given to me, just like every other person who attended the meeting. He also said he was coming for me first if I didn't give it to him."