Chapter 14

He was shocked, staring at me transfixed, and couldn't say anything for a moment as his eyes locked with mine.

"I saw you in panic right on your bed inside the room when I barged in. It was after I called your name that you became calm and your heavy breaths settled."

My words seemed to make him more confused as his brows arched and he shook his head like he was trying to push something out of his memory.

"I don't believe you. I don't understand what this is all about." He muttered, squinting his eyes at me. "Follow me." He added and headed to the exit while I followed by his side...

"Walk behind me. Can't you see peering eyes on us? Don't make it seem like we are friends!" He whispered, and I looked around to see the surprise expressions in everybody's eyes. My gaze fell on Tyler's mother, who was at a corner, and she gave me a wink and thumbs up that made a huge smile spread across my face.

"Your mother seemed to like me." I told Tyler, but he gave me no reply, instead quickening his pace until I had to run a bit to catch up.

He led me up to his room and locked the door as soon as we both entered.

"Have your seat right on the couch and tell me what your dream was about." He said sternly, folding his arms over his chest.

"I am not sure you will believe me, but I swear this was what I saw, and the fear made me barge into your room. I saw you in distress and did just the same thing I did in my dream to save you."

"What?!" He frowned, scanning me from head to toe.

"Was I attacked in your dream? And did you save me?"

"Yes. I don't know how you were lured into a demon's trap. In my dream, I saw you in a garden walking down a dark path at a really fast pace. I ran after you. Then, from afar, I saw demons lurching at you. You were helpless and seemed to be in a daze, so I screamed your name to make you aware of the attack."

"So what happened next?" He asked curiously.

"The demons turned to me..." I said and paused, taking a deep breath. "This is the confusing part. I felt a surge of power inside me and heard the fierce voice of my inner wolf. I stood there, feeling afloat in the air, with defiance and not a slight feeling of fear. It was like I had the power of the universe in my hand. These demons didn't dare to attack me. They scampered away."

"This is a typical fiction story, and it's normal for a useless wolf like you to have such dreams because of your desire to have an inner wolf and become strong like your peers." He scoffed and snickered at me.

"I also thought so till I came into your room and saw you trembling, your head shaking with sweat dripping. Then I called out your name. You held my hand tight and became calm as if the nightmare had vanished away."

"How will I believe this lie of yours? Saying I held your hands is a blatant lie. Even in an unconscious state, I would still detest touching you." He snorted, walked over to the bar, and took out a bottle of wine.

"I was also shocked. It was unbelievable, but Tyler, I swear there was a connection between us, both in my dream and right here when you held my hand. It was really strong and obvious, which I can't deny. I feel like we are mates..."

He burst into a loud, wild laughter.

"How much alcohol did you take at that party? It's really getting into your head." He jeered.

"Can I know your dream too? It seemed you had a nightmare because the way you were panicking was..."

"Lena, listen to me." He cut in, and this time his voice was really harsh and deep.