Chapter 13

Sweat was dripping on my face, my breath so fast and shallow, and I could feel my heart pounding so hard against my chest—the same terror as I felt in the dream still paralyzing me for a moment.

“What kind of dream was that?” I mumbled, my voice coming in gasps as I stared at the ceiling with my eyes open, but no part of my body could move.

“It felt so real. I was about to get killed by demons in the most gruesome way, and there was nothing I could do. They lunged for my heart, and I was frozen..”

Just then, my door creaked and opened, and I flinched in anxiety.

“How did I forget to lock that door?” I grunted as I sat up slowly, using the bed spread to wipe my face while yawning.

“Why are you sweating?” My mother asked with concern written all over her face as she walked closer to me. “And I had been knocking, you weren't answering, so I pushed the door open out of fear, only to see you left it unlocked. What is happening?”

I sighed and hissed, rolling off the bed spread from my body. Her questions were the last thing I wanted to face now. It was all my fault for forgetting to lock the door.

“Mom, Isn't it too early?” I frowned, and she gave me a wild look, moving her eyes to the clock as if to ask me if I was making use of it.

”Take a look at the clock!”

I groaned,leaning against the wall as I tilted my head. A soft gasp escaped my lips on seeing it was afternoon already. Almost 2.pm.

“what?! How long was I sleeping?”

“Long enough to put me in a panic attack, thinking something bad had happened to my son.” She replied with her hands on her waist. “Did you have a sleepless night? Was it all about the excitement of meeting Nana?”

“No.” I responded so quick and didn't even know a deep frown etched my face at the mention of Nana. Somehow, the sound of her name flashed my memory back to the bad dream I just had..

I was trying hard to hide the anxiety in me from my mother because I didn't want to tell her anything about it. She takes dreams too seriously, and I know this would be enough reason for her to do everything possible to paint Nana as evil.

“For real? So what kept you awake all night? I know you don't sleep much. Something must have made you sleep so deep that the knock on the door couldn't even wake you up.

“You didn't knock much before pushing the door open. I would have...”

“I wasn't talking about mine. I sent Lena to come check you up, but she returned reporting that you weren't answering her knocks.”

A sense of sensation swept through my entire body at the mention of Lena, and once again, the dream replayed in a flash right through my mind. I was sure the voice that saved me was Lena, but it sounded so powerful, reeking with an aura that even the demons couldn't withstand.

The second time she called me, I felt it right in my heart. deep into my soul, like the voice of someone who was part of me.

This was part of the feelings I really don't want to think about because Lena and I should not have anything to do with each other.

She is not my mate, nor is she a Lycan. She isn't of royal bloodline; rather, she can pass as a rogue for committing murder and running away from her pack.

“Are you listening to me at all?” My mother shouted, and I turned my face toward her with a flinch, realizing how lost I had been..

“What were you thinking of that you couldn't….”