Chapter 4: Mirror of Reflection

Months had passed since the beginning of this tiresome journey for Medusa and Perseus. The hero and the monster had finally arrived at Delphi, speeding up to reach the secret library. Along the road, Perseus and Gorgon had been opening up to each other, the thick layer of icy walls gradually melting between them.

Perseus and Medusa finally arrived at Delphi's secluded library, hidden in a tranquil forest beyond human eye. The library was the house of ancient answers and secrets, intimidating visitors from the first sight.

The duo roamed the library's vast halls, searching for clues about the Mirror of Reflection. Amongst the dusty shelves full of ancient texts, they discovered a hidden chamber, guarded by cryptic symbols.

Cautiously, Perseus opened the heavy door, revealing a posh room bathing in soft candlelight. In its an altar-like center, an ancient parchment was laying. Perseus carefully approached the altar and picked up the parchment, making himself familiar with the context.

"Well, what does it say?" Medusa asked impatiently, looking at the hero reading the parchment.

"To break any curse, a gaze into the Mirror of Reflection is sufficient. The mirror is no mere object, instead it lies in the depths of a lover's gaze. Only when someone who truly loves a person gazes into their eyes, unaffected by fear or prejudice, shall the curse be lifted and beauty revealed." Perseus read out aloud, voice laced with surprise.

Perseus's eyes widened with realization as he glanced at Medusa, careful not to meet her eyes.

"Medusa," Perseus whispered, voice filled hope and revelation. "The Mirror of Reflection is not a physical object. It is the embodiment of true love. It is in the eyes of someone who sees beyond your curse, true beauty within you."

Medusa's heart fluttered with a fragile hope, possibility she had long ceased to believe.

"You mean to say that it is not an external object, but an internal transformation?" Medusa asked, her voice trembling with a mix of longing and uncertainty.

Perseus nodded, his gaze filled with unwavering determination. "Yes, Medusa. The power to break the curse lies within genuine love and acceptance."

Medusa's deadly eyes welled up with tears as she realized that the cure within her grasp, feeling a glimmer of hope. However, a petrifying thought soon dawned upon her; who would love the monster enough to gaze into her eyes without a fear?

"Perseus, I am both terrified and grateful for this revelation," Medusa admitted, her voice trembling with vulnerability.

Perseus merely nodded determinedly, beckoning Medusa to leave the library. Among the secretive twigs and branches of the enchanted forest, the hero was lost in thought, afraid to confront himself of a simple feeling. The late months that has passed, Perseus has come to a unconventional realization; a sway of his heart. The late revelation of the Mirror of Reflection deepened his agitated state, turmoil in his heart, edging him to admit the impossible.

The hero suddenly came to a halt, clenching his fist before speaking. He took a deep breath, voice laced with determination, "Gorgon, there is something I would like to speak about."