~Chapter 2~

TW: Rape, sexual assault,violence,blood.
(Note that I do not support any of the above mentioned, and I do not beautify the actions performed by any of my characters, it's just a work of fiction)

EDITED 🤍

"Xavier prefers the packaged ones," one of the men remarked, his eyes coldly assessing the terrified brunette, who was on her knees, clinging to a chair and sobbing uncontrollably. Blood stained his clothes, a chilling testament to the lives he had taken. I inhaled sharply, my body freezing in place as the reality of the situation crashed down on me.

"What about the rest? You can't kill them, Arthur. Xavier ordered us to gather all the passengers in one place. You've already killed enough," the second man said, casting a wary glance at Arthur, whose name I had just learned.

My mind snapped back to the other passengers. Slowly, I turned my head to see the elderly couple huddled against the wall at the far end of the section, sobbing in fear. I was the only one still standing where I originally was, paralyzed by the terror I had learned to endure in the face of danger—a survival instinct honed through painful experience.

Arthur approached me, and I willed my body to move, to take even a single step back, but I was frozen in place. He grabbed my jaw, tilting my face as if inspecting it.

"Interesting," he murmured, a cruel smile curling his lips. "You're so scared you're frozen, yet there are no tears." He released my face, roughly grabbing my arm and shoving me toward the man who had spoken earlier. He held me firmly, my back pressed against his chest, as Arthur ordered the other man to round up the remaining passengers. Then, they led us forward.

The elderly couple complied quietly, but Arthur had to drag the brunette, who struggled briefly before falling silent. They herded us through one section after another, until I lost count of how many we had passed. The train seemed endless.

I resigned myself to the grim reality—I might die here. My life, it seems, was never meant to be enjoyed. Perhaps I should have given up hope long ago. If this is how it ends, I'll try to find some meaning in it, though that feels impossible.

Blood was everywhere, bodies too. I avoided looking directly at them, already feeling the weight of trauma pressing down on me. They took more hostages along the way, probably no more than ten.

"Walk straight, bitch, or do you want to join the bodies on the floor?" Arthur snarled at the brunette, her terror palpable as she stumbled over every corpse we passed. She shook her head quickly, her fear making her clumsy.

"That's what I thought. One more stumble, and you're dead," he hissed, shoving her forward. I swallowed hard, forcing myself to walk steadily, even though my legs threatened to give out. I did not want to provoke the wrath of these merciless people.

Finally, we reached what seemed to be the front of the train. Or at least close to it—I wasn't sure. The scene that greeted us was beyond horrifying, a slaughterhouse in its truest form.

"Is this all of them?" A man, whom I hadn't noticed before, asked as we entered the room. He was drenched in blood, dripping from head to toe, and held a young boy, no older than twelve, by the jaw, tilting his head up as the boy struggled to escape his grip.

"Yes, boss. That's all of them, except for a few casualties along the way," Arthur replied, his tone subdued as he addressed the blood-soaked man, who appeared to be their leader.

"Didn't I tell you to bring all of them?" The leader's voice held a note of anger, though his expression remained eerily void of emotion.

"Sorry, boss. Some of them were troublesome," Arthur muttered, rubbing the back of his head like a chastened child.