~Chapter 10~

EDITED 🤍

I've been awake for ten minutes, yet I remain motionless. I can't move—his strong arm wraps around my waist, pinning me down. I don't need to look back to know who it belongs to. Silent tears stream down my face, dampening my hair. I imagine D, frantic and searching for me, likely filing a missing person report.

My mind drifts back to our conversation while walking down Pike Street, stuffing ourselves with food. I asked her what she'd do if I ever went missing. She promised she'd never stop searching for me, even if she turned gray and weak. That memory brings a bittersweet smile to my face, knowing there's someone who wouldn't give up on me if Xavier ever came for me.

His hands caressing my waist softly tell me he's awake. I refuse to move, staring at the wall of the plane we're in, wishing it would burst open and throw me into the sky.

His large hand slides under my waist, turning me to face him. He looks rugged and tired, with a new beard he didn't have before. His soulless eyes lock onto mine until the pilot's voice interrupts, announcing we'll land in thirty minutes.

He lifts me from the bed and sets me down gently, handing me sweatpants. I notice I'm no longer in the emerald dress but in his shirt and panties—just how he likes it. I silently slip on the sweatpants as he watches me with an unnerving intensity. He's dressed in a black shirt with a few buttons undone and black trousers, all black like his soul.

I don't know what I feel right now. There's no blinding fear, only a calm acceptance of my situation. He grabs my arm, dragging me from the custom bedroom to the plane's seating area. He sits down, pulling me onto his lap, cradling me, and burying his head in my neck, his favorite spot.

We land as promised. He carries me out of the plane in a princess hold, striding to a Range Rover. Inside the car, he holds me tightly, as if afraid I'll be snatched away. I close my eyes, feeling his heart beat against my ear, wondering if he even has one.

The drive is over an hour. When we stop, I try to get out of the car myself, but the hot sand underfoot makes me jump back into his arms, eliciting a bark of laughter from him. He carries me to a house on a hill, and I wonder which country we're in—it's sweltering.

Inside the modern house, I struggle to be set down. He glares at me with that dead stare of his, but I meet his gaze with equal intensity.

"You look cute when you're feisty, umree," he smirks, holding me close.

"Let go of me," I seethe, anger fueling me. I refuse to be the frightened girl he met a year ago. I vow to escape at the first opportunity.

He chuckles before leaning in and capturing my lips with his. I muster all my strength to push him away, causing me to fall on my butt while he looks momentarily surprised.

I stand and sprint through the house, not knowing where to go, but determined to escape. Before I can get far, he yanks me back into his chest. He turns me around, gripping my jaw harshly, his lips almost touching mine.

"You think you can get away from me?" he growls, his eyes red with rage. "I'd rather fucking kill you than let that happen. You belong to me. If you're not with me, you belong in the grave. I'll never let you go again. So you're going to be a good girl for me, like you were before, or I will fuck you up. Do you understand?"

His grip on my jaw is painfully tight. I realize there might be no escape—his obsession is too strong. A man like him, driven by such obsession, will only end in destruction.

"I'd rather die," I manage to say, a tear sliding down my face.

His face darkens further, and his hands move to my neck, choking me.

"Then let me show you how death feels," he says, his expression neutral as he drags me into the house, despite my silent resistance.

He opens a bathroom—a classy one with a bathtub at the end—and brings me closer, releasing my neck but replacing his hands with his lips.

"I'll give you one last chance to change your words," he taunts, kissing down my reddened neck.

His hazy eyes search mine, hoping for submission, but I glare back defiantly. He grabs the back of my neck roughly, catching me off guard, and strides toward the bathtub, dragging me with him.

My heart races with fear as I realize what's coming. Before I can fully process my thoughts, my head is submerged in cold, chilling water, cutting off my breath. I thrash violently, water filling my lungs, making them burn. He yanks me up, and I gasp for air, only to be thrust back down.

Over and over again I struggled for my life.

After nearly a minute of drowning, he pulls me out again. My mouth opens to beg, but before I can form words, my head is submerged once more. I struggle, clawing at his hands.

When he finally pulls me up, I feel his throbbing member at my entrance. I don't know when he lowered my sweatpants and underwear.

A scream rips from my throat as he thrusts into me in one go. He pushes my head back into the water while forcefully thrusting into me. Each thrust scrapes against my tight walls, his rage evident in every merciless movement.

"You"—thrust—"are"—thrust—"mine," he grunts, his voice growing harsher with each thrust. His fury is palpable in his brutal actions, making me close my eyes against the pain.

I regret everything—my defiance, my struggle. Facing a man like him, I should have been docile, obedient. But as he submerges my head again, I feel my life slipping away, the world darkening around me.

————————————————————

This is so dark even for me, I don't think I'll proofread it, so sorry for any mistakes.