Chapter 2: Tempting

Xavier looked away after staring at her for a minuet and brought his eyes down to the glass of bourbon.

'Don't panic, she will tell if you do.' He thought as he tried to calm himself at the sudden surprise. He reached out taking the small glass into his hands. The feeling of the cold glass focused his thoughts. 'She just took you off guard for a moment is all, act calm.' He swirled the glass around slowly, watching the brown liquid in the glass. He then brought it up to his lips taking a long sip of it, then another, then one more before it was gone.

"Wow, tiger," Valentina said through a chuckle. "Shouldn't you at least enjoy your drink?"

Xavier brought his eyes back up to meet with Valentina's. "Thank you for bringing me my drink." He said in a gentle voice as he gave her a small smile.

"Mind another?" She said as she turned around grabbing one of the many bottles on the back shelves. She turned back around and poured some more of the brown liquid into Xavier's glass.

'Thank god, Casmir let me drink with him all these years.' He thought as he watched the liquid go all the way to the top of his glass. Casmir was his older brother, Xavier had two siblings in total. 

"Wow." Xavier said as he watched her almost pour it all the way to the top of the glass. He looked back up into Valentina's eyes. "Someone is trying to get me under the table. " He chuckled as Valentina pulled the glass container back, putting the glass lid back on top of it.

"Well" She paused as she turned back around, putting the glass holder back where she had found it. "Maybe, just a little. " She joked as she reached down under the counter pulling out a small glass. She then walked over to one of the taps pouring some beer into the glass.

After the glass was almost full she let the lever go then brought the glass to her lips taking a sip of it. She turned back around to face Xavier.

"isn't it a little bit busy for you to be drinking, Miss?" Xavier said as he picked up the glass of bourbon bringing it to his lips.

"Ah, nothing that the other 10 people behind the bar can't handle, hm?" she said with a big smile on her lips as she leaned against the counter. "So, what brings you to a bar this late at night, handsome?" Valentina said in a flirtatious voice as she took another sip of her drink.

"Oh you know " He paused for a moment as he ran through his thoughts of why he would come here. "It's a Friday night, the music, maybe meet a cute bartender that seems to be interested in me?" Xavier winked at her as he leaned his elbows forward on to the counter, moving closer to her.

Valentina's smile grew at his comment as she took another sip of her drink. "You're a flirtatious one aren't we now?" she said in a sweet flirtatious voice back.

"Can't help it around such a beautiful woman like yourself." He said as he took another sip of his bourbon, then put it back down on the counter.

"Such bold words," She said as she looked down into her glass. "I like bold, bold is very good." Valentina took another sip of her drink.

Xavier bit his lips as he looked at her, he glanced down at his watch. '20 minutes.' He thought as he looked down the bar. His eyes moving to the dance floor watching the men and women move their bodies to the sound of the beat. He chuckled as an idea sparked into his mind.

"Some lively dancers tonight huh?" He said as he brought his drink to his lips finishing off his second glass of bourbon.

Valentina looked up from her glass and towards the moving bodies that were dancing to the loud music.

"Yes, it gets very lively here at night." she chuckled as she leaned forward more. " I never got your name by the way." She looked up into his eyes as he turned back to face her. "it is rude to not give your name to a lady that you want to impress."